05

12 years ago {2008}
"Mommy, why does daddy hate us?" I asked as my mom, while my brother, and I lied on the grass as we stared at the sky.

"You daddy doesn't hate us princesse, he just has... problems" She replied as she smiled at me before she got both my brother and I sandwiches from the basket

"Then why does daddy hurt us?" My brother asked as he grabbed the sandwich taking a bite from it

"He's just angry okay?" She replied as she had a bittersweet smile plastered onto her face

"Will you ever hurt us?" I asked as I looked at her with curiosity in my eyes

"I'll never ma princesse et mon prince" She replied as she kissed the top of both my brother and I's head.

LIA {present}
——

"No!" I responded as I slammed the table causing everyone to look at me some with a tint of curiosity in their eyes

"Do you think our supposed lawyer should be a 'mother' who left her kids because she was scared of going to prison?" I asked as I continued to stare at the lady who was my mother.

She was looking so elegant, her jet black hair made into curls as it made its way freely down her shoulders. She had all this expensive jewelry and clothes. It made me furious knowing that she had all the necessities to survive and yet she didn't think twice about leaving her children without coming back for them.

"I admit I was wrong for what I did in the past but this is also my job, I can't let any personal feelings about anyone in this room affect what I'm supposed to do especially if it's because of my daughter" She finally spoke as she analyzed me as she stared at me from my face down to my shoes as I rolled my eyes

"First of all, I am not your daughter. Secondly, fine do your job but I sure as hell am not staying in this room" I spoke as I got my things and stood up

"Lia stop, we have to cooperate remember?" Ares whispered with a scared look in my eyes

I shook my head in response to him as I continued making my way out the door. I took the next step and all of a sudden I felt a sharp pain in my neck causing me to drop to the floor and yell.

"Merde" I yelled out causing Ares to quickly come and assist me as the others continued to stare at me, with a tint of pity which was once curiosity in their eyes, scared that Kllian will get angry at them as well.

"Stop being a bitch and cooperate Laurent" Kllian spoke

I looked at him with anger in my eyes. He only smirked and responded to me with a blank yet demanding stare. I scoffed and continuously muttered under my breath foul words hoping that he would hear some of it, I sighed knowing that he was still in charge and I sat on the chair ignoring the pain still left in my neck.

They continued to discuss about things and assets of having a lawyer by our sides are. Most of them are positive but even I was having doubts. I looked back to the woman that was speaking in front of me.

I was full of anger, envy, curiosity, and happiness now that I've seen my mother, and it made my thoughts even messier than it was before.

As we left the room, I cannot help but think about how she got here. It was impossible that she knew about this institution before well at least I think, and yet even I don't know my mother anymore. I continued to be deep in my thoughts right before someone snapped me out of it as I bumped into him.

"Sorry" I spoke as I looked at him and his set of hazel brown eyes that was once again, intoxicating to say the least.

"Oh hey Lia" he spoke as he waved his hand while he smiled showing his pearly white teeth