Chapter 9: Paths Cross Part 1

The boat ride was everything I could have dreamed of and if this was the first encounter I've had with Nick I would have wondered how he could afford something like this. However, things have changed in the last six months and he has become a successful musician that he has wanted to become. 

I on the other hand am still trying to figure myself out. And now my Ex is trying to find me and talk. There isn't anything really to talk about except that he is a scum bag. 

Nick came out from below deck. I jumped a little when he came around me without a word. 

"Brooke," he said concerned. 

" I am sorry Nick, it's just... something is bothering me" 

"whats going on?" 

I looked around before I could even think twice I grabbed Nick's cell phone out of his pocket, dialed some random numbers, and took a deep breath. 

" Hey Brooke it's you again, sorry our last conversation got cut short but now we can finish it. Remember when I said that you would make a phone call that would change your life again. " I said as I looked at Nick and smiled. 

" you're going to go to New York again and spend some time with you and your thoughts. until you see Nick again performing at a local restaurant.  When your eyes meet you will feel like nothing has changed."

I took a deep sigh. 

"When your paths cross do me a favor and just tell him how you feel. Tell him that you haven't stopped thinking about him since you left on the train that night. My advice just don't let him go because if there is one person you can love and who understands you... it's Nick"

I hung up the phone and then just started crying. Nick brought me in closer to him as he put his hands on my face. He wiped the tears away and we looked into each other's eyes. Within moments he pulled me into a kiss. I ran my hands through his hair until we released from one another. He just smiled. 

"Nick there is something I need to show you" 

I pulled out my cell phone from my jacket pocket. 

"He has been trying to get a hold me. He has been calling and texting me the last text he sent me was saying that he is going to find me because we need to talk" 

I could tell Nick was getting increasingly angry as he was flipping through the messages. You could hear a pin drop with how quiet it was. Before I knew it Nick went down below deck. A couple of minutes I followed him. 

When I went below deck I saw Nick sitting down on the couch. I went right next to him and sat down. 

"Nick please talk to me" 

Nick couldn't even look at me. I couldn't even anything. I ended up getting up off the couch and was getting ready to walk up on deck before Nick said

" I'm pissed" 

I turned around in shock, " what?" 

"I am pissed. This asshole is making you feel like this whole thing was your fault." 

Nick was so upset. I went right next to him and started combing my hands through his hair to calm him down. 

"Nick, this is something that I need to handle..." Nick cut me off

"No... you're not handling this on your own... you should not have to deal with him anymore period.."

The amount of frustration I could see and hear in Nick was unbelievable. He has been the first guy who has truly cared about me... even my EX would never be that way. His eyes were super glassy. I grasped his face and gave him a passionate kiss. 

"I think its time to get off this boat what do you say handsome"

Nick just smiled. I grabbed his hand and we headed up to the deck.