Epilogue

So the end has come! This ride with you was good. I didn't know how to end this book so may find the end a bit sh**ty and I'm sorry for that but here it is! Enjoy reading!

"Are you sure about what you're doing Annika?" Mreenal asked as Annika was standing in the middle of a circle.

"Yes mom, there is no use for me to have these powers. We defeated Aamon so I don't need them anymore." Annika said while rubbing her belly.

"And what about the child?" Mreenal asked. Annika smiled.

"It's because I think of my child that I want these powers to be gone. I got you as my family but because of them, you had to leave. A wizard wanted to make me pregnant with his beast. My parents got killed... And Shivaay... despite all the pain he put me through, these powers can kill him! Giving up on these powers will allow us to live like normal people, with no bad spirits around us. I want the best for my family mum." Annika said and Mreenal hummed.

She began telling a spell causing the ground to shake. Then Annika was engulfed in a red aura which disappeared after a few minutes. After it disappeared, Annika fell on her knees.

"Your powers are gone now," Mreenal said and Annika tried to make a ball of water but only a drop appeared in her palm.

"We only have to wait for the birth of the child to see if she has powers as well," Mreenal announced.

"She? I'm having a baby girl?" Annika asked.

"You're most likely to have a girl Mahi. It's very rare for us witches to have baby boys." Mreenal said, helping Annika up.

"Maa, there is something bothering me though... If you can't have boys and witches can't mate with humans how do you have babies?" Annika furrowed her brows.

"There are other creatures apart from witches. Your papa was an elf when he was alive. There are also fairies and other magical beings like that. We're all like the magical part of this world."

Annika's family and Shivaay's stayed a while longer and left in the evening since Shivaay was coming at night. Khanna was part of the plan and received the instructions that he should take Shivaay at Shivika's mansion as soon as he would arrive. She had put on a blue gown and had prepared dinner for both of them with her sisters' help. She was looking at herself in the huge mirror standing in the living room when she heard the car. She hurriedly walked to the front door and opened it.

"Khanna, Annika must be waiting and you're making me going here and there without..." His words died in his throat as he noticed his wife standing at the doorstep.

"Shivaay..." She spoke softly and he smiled. He took long strides to her and engulfed her in a bone-crushing hug.

"Be cautious Shiv, the baby." She said but with a smile splattered on her face. They went inside and had dinner. He spoke about his journey and she told him about the family helping to renovate the house. She also gossiped a little, telling how she noticed that his brothers were having some interest in her sisters. He chuckled when he got to know about that but approved their relationship or whatever that was happening between them. After dinner, they went to her bedroom.

"Wow, I like the new style of your bedroom..."

"Our bedroom Shivaay... I wanted this whole house to be more of our taste... that's why we renovated it. I kept my parents' room untouched though... I know it is the master bedroom but I can't just bring myself to let go of their memories." He cupped her cheek as she held back a sob.

"It's all right. Why are you justifying yourself? This is their house as well. We cannot let go of their memories." He kissed her forehead and she hugged him tightly. She whispered something in his ear that left him suddenly shocked and at a loss of words.

She kissed his beard and tiptoed a little to kiss his lips.

"What are you waiting for?" She whispered and he smiled a little.

"Are you serious?" He asked, stroking her cheek.

"I've never been more serious than I am now. Do you want me to say it again? Make love to me Shivaay." She said.

"What about your powers? Won't they affect me?"

"I gave them up... For us... Because I love you.." Shivaay kissed her again and slowly undid the zipper of her dress which then fell on the ground leaving her all bare to him. And just like that, as Shivaay laid her on a bed of roses they united again for a lifetime.

A few months later...

"And they lived happily ever after..." Annika said as she was slowly swinging herself on the swinging chair, with her baby in her arms. She removed her nipple from her baby's mouth and laid her on her chest to make her burp. Mannat burped and brushed her mother's locks as sleep overtook her. Annika smiled remembering when she gave birth to her little bundle of joy only a week earlier. Since they weren't sure about Mannat having kept her powers, Manisha was the one who helped her give birth. Everything happened smoothly and there wasn't any paranormal stuff happening so they considered that the baby's powers were removed when her mom's powers were removed. Annika didn't regret in any way to have taken this decision for Mannat because she wanted to protect her. Mona and Madhavi too had asked Mreenal to take their powers because they wanted to be with Omkara and Rudra. The two couples were to get married the following year.

"Is she asleep now?" Shivaay whispered and Annika hummed.

"Yes, she is. I was about to put her to bed." Annika said and got up with the baby. She laid her in her crib and left the room with her husband.

"I couldn't ask for a better life than what we have. I'm so happy that we got a second chance in love. I love you, Sweetie." Shivaay said kissing the side of her head as they were sleeping together, naked under the duvet.

"I'm so happy that now everything between us is perfect... I love you Shivaay." She slowly traced some patterns on his chest, slowly stroking his nipple until they drifted to sleep.

Back in the baby's nursery, Mannat woke up because her musical mobile wasn't turned on. She winked twice and the mobile began moving, making her drift to sleep. A mere spell wasn't enough to make the magic disappear from her life. Because after all, what she had was a blessing.