Welcome Home (A Spamano FanFic)

Welcome Home

(A Spamano Fanfic)

* * * * *

Lovino wandered around the house in search of something to do. He'd not been able to find anything to interest him for the past few days now. Because of this, he spent most of his time just lazing about. Knowing that he wouldn't find anything better to do, he simply gave up and plopped down on the couch to let his mind wander.

He somewhat missed his own home, for he hadn't been in it for about a month now, and yet he still refused to go back. At least not while that asshole Ludwig was still around. Three days before he left home, his dear brother, Feliciano, announced that Ludwig would be staying with them for a month or so while Luddie's home was being renovated. At first, Lovi decided to just suffer through it. Even though he found the German interloper to be quite annoying, he wanted to stay for his brother's sake. God knows what that potato bastard would do to his sweet, little brother if he dared leave them alone. However, after a few days of living with a strict, overbearing, short-tempered, rule-obsessed, I-drink-so-much-beer-it's-obnoxious German, Lovi couldn't take it anymore so he packed up his stuff and stormed out of the house.

With no other option, Lovino ended up crashing at Antonio's place. It wasn't too bad. There were plenty of tomatoes around, the house was fairly sized, and there were definitely no annoying Germans within sight. Sure there were some things that bugged him. Like the fact that Toni only had one bedroom and this forced the two of them to sleep together because neither wanted to sleep on the couch. But all his issues were small and manageable. Living with Toni wasn't horrible either. Lovi somewhat enjoyed the Spaniard's company, even though he'd never admit it. Sure the two of them had been through some rough times but he knew that Toni would always be there for him.

Lovi sighed and ran a hand through his dark brown hair. Antonio was normally there for him, but not for the past three days. Toni had decided to go on a little trip and ended up leaving Lovi at home, telling him he'd be back in about a week. God, Lovi missed hi- Wait...What!? Lovi's amber eyes shot open in surprise.

"Di-did I really just think that? No no, I didn't..." Lovi shook his head, "I must've had too many tomatoes or something. Why would I miss that idiot?"

But I DO miss him.

"Quit it brain!" Lovi yelled, "Dammit! What the hell is wrong with my head lately? It's been like this since ever since Toni lef-" he clasped a hand over his mouth, not wanting to finish the sentence.

Okay, he began to think, let's assume I do miss him. What could I possibly miss about him. His thoughts quieted for a second before they came flooding back in. You miss him constantly paying attention to you. You miss him always trying to cheer you up, even when you push him away. You miss his voice, his laugh, his-. Lovino quickly grabbed a pillow and shoved his face into it.

"Dammit..." he muttered.

* * * * *

Antonio sat down at the airport gate, waiting for his plane. He had decided to end his trip early because he missed Lovino, even though he knew it was stupid since Lovi would probably respond with an aggravated "Why the hell'd you come back for such a stupid reason. What, you think I'd miss you or something? Stupid tomato bastard." Toni sighed and scratched his head. Yeah, that'd be his response, Toni thought. It's not like he cares I'm gone or that I plan on surprising him with my homecoming. Still, I miss him and that's what matters.

Toni pulled out his phone to check the time. In three hours, he'd be home. He smiled at his screensaver, a picture of Lovi glaring at the camera. He planted a small kiss on the phone before saying, "I'll be home soon Lovi, wait for me."