Judging Criteria

The instructions to submit the results will be sent through PM. For any further clarification, please PM MitsunaAiri

For Books:

For grading books of any genre, judges are asked to allot points according to the following scheme. The judges have to read at least five chapters of their assigned book before grading them. [ Except Short Story] Voting on chapters of assigned books is not allowed till the results are announced. 

Description and Cover: [X/10]: Does the cover convey the mood of the plot? Does the description make you want to dive into the story? 

Character Development: [X/10]: How does the character change and adapt to situations? How relatable are the characters? Do they seem like a real person or just a two-dimensional zombie walking around?

Plot: [X/20]: How is the plot? Does it have too many plot holes? How engaged can the plot keep you? How well does the plot incorporate its' characters into it?

Writing Style: [X/10]: How does the narration cope with the plot? Is the narrative too cheerful for the plot or vice versa? Does it show too much of the writers own personality?

Purpose: [X/10]: What is the purpose of the characters? And the purpose of the plot? What drives each character to act in the way they do? How is each characters' purpose differ from each other and how does it affect their decision and the plot?

Grammar and Punctuation: [X/10]: Grammar and punctuation play a vital role in conveying the mood and tone of a scenario. A single wrong punctuation can lead to confusion in understanding a sentence that may be vital to the plot. How many mistakes have they made from the point of grammar? How diverse is their vocabulary? How well can they convey their ideas and project them into the readers' mind?

Uniqueness: [X/10]: How unique is the plot and the characters? Is it cliché? If it is a very common type of plot? Has the writer somehow made it their own? Have they turned a cliché story into a masterpiece of their own? If its' a completely new type of story, how well and strong is the plot?

Chemistry: [X/10]: How is the chemistry between the characters? Is the protagonist liked by everybody which make them seem like nothing but a goody two shoes or vice versa? Do they characters behave in the same way with everybody? Do they behave differently only with a single person? If they do, why?

Enjoyment: [X/10]: How long was the book able to keep you hooked? How did you enjoy it? Is it a read that leaves you craving for more?

Total: [X/100]: This will be a total of all the points in the above grading scheme.

______________

For any further clarification, please PM MitsunaAiri.