Chapter 22: Love

-

The kiss, wasn't really a kiss. After a couple of seconds I pulled away. Surprised at myself for my impulse to do such thing. I looked anywhere but him. I felt a hand slowly creep on the side of my face. Cupping it. I looked up and was met with Steve's eyes. He looked deep in my eyes before pulling me in an embrace. Kissing my lips slowly. To the beat of my heart. My heart rhythm slowed down, as my breath slowed down. Our lips moved in sync and it's like there are fireworks going off inside my body. My hand moved up to his face, while my other hand landed on his shoulder.

He slowly made his way closer to me. I smiled into the kiss and he took advantage of the chance and slowly slid his tongue in, exploring every inch of my mouth. It wasn't uncomfortable or weird. He was being soft, caring. He slowly started kissing my  jaw, placing soft kisses along my jawline. Making me feel something I've never felt before. I gasped at the new sensation and I could feel him smiling into the kiss. His hand trailed up my legs and to my thighs. I shivered at his touch. His hand slipped under my shirt and I pulled away.

"I-I'm sorry" he said as he combed his hand through his hair.

"No- I'm sorry, I just-"

"You don't want to" he interrupted.

"It's not that I don't want to it's that, I'm a..."

"Virgin?" He asked.

I nodded my head.

"I'm just nervous." I said looking down.

He placed a hand on my cheek. "Elena. We don't have to if you don't want to. It was rude of me to start leading things that way without knowing what you wanted. I'm sorry" he apologized.

"No you don't have to apologize I'm just, I'm nervous. But I want to do it." I said. He looked at me.

"El, Im serious, we don't have to if-"

I crashed my lips on his.

"Steve, please. I'm sure" I said when I pulled away. He smiled and kissed my lips.

"I'll take good care of you." He said. He slowly leaned forward. Making me lay down. He layed on top of me and began kissing my neck. Leaving love bites as he made his way back to my lips. We started undressing eachother and kissing every untouched part of our bodies. When he took off my shorts I quickly covered my legs with the bed comforter. He took the comforter off and I placed it back on quickly.

"Hey, we can stop here if you're not comfortable." He said as he pulled away from the kiss. I stared at him.

"I'm sorry I'm just insecure about my legs." I said as I looked down.

"Elena, you're beautiful. There's no reason for you to feel bad about your legs okay? I understand if you want to stop, but just understand that you're beautiful, regardless of how your legs or anything else looks." He said. I looked at him and took the comforter off.

"See?.." I said. I saw him stare at the stretch marks on my legs and I hated myself. I knew in that minute he found me unattractive. All I felt were his arms wrapping around me. Embracing me in a hug.

"I know I don't understand how you feel. But don't you ever feel bad about your legs again. Stretch marks are normal. They're a part of life. You are beautiful. With or without those marks. Marks don't define you. It hurts me to see you like this, hurting. I love you okay? And don't ever think you're not beautiful. Ever." He said and planted a kiss on my head. And in that moment, I knew this man was the right one. He doesn't feel embarrassed or disgusted. He cares about me. He truly loves me.

"I love you."I said as I pulled away and stared into his eyes. Before kissing him. We both smiled into the kiss. And we picked off were we left of.

"You're so beautiful." He softly whispered in my ear. Everything else was just a blur. I remember a lot of kissing and whispering but that's most of it. Steve really was careful. He was sweet and caring. And I knew this wasn't just sex to him. It was love. He did love me. And it was proven in ever subtle "I love you" that he whispered. Every soft touch. And every soft kiss.

This wasn't just sex to him or me.  Because we made love...