Chapter 4: Smiles That Are Supposed To Make Your Day

Sophie was back to school the next week, and Spring was dawning upon them. The sun came out much more, and you could feel the heat and soft breeze tingle on your skin. She threw on some jean shorts and a simple shirt as she slung her backpack over her shoulder.

She walked down the paved sidewalk to school as she viewed the shrubbery the other neighbours were growing.

"Sophie!" 

Sophie smiled as she saw Biana running towards her. "I'm so sorry!" She crushed her in a hug. "I humiliated you! I'm really sorry! Please forgive me!" 

"Of course I'll forgive you," Sophie giggled, getting out of the hug. 

"I was the one who recommended Fitz to see you," She smiled and poked Sophie. Biana wore a teal sundress with a pair of matching sunglasses.

"Thanks, but aren't you supposed to be driving to school?" Usually, Fitz and Biana got driven, but sometimes the two siblings would walk on the rare occasion. 

"Yeah, but I hopped out to talk to you silly!" Biana grabbed Sophie's hand and dragged her to the backseat of a limo. 

"Biana, we can't just hop in someone's limo!" Sophie exclaimed as Biana opened the door. 

"It's our limo," She pointed to Fitz sitting in there. 

Biana gave her a little push in and hopped in herself. The two sat down on the leather seats and put their seatbelts on. Everything in it screamed fancy and rich.

"Ah, you're Sophie Foster?" A man with bright teal eyes and a warm smile asked. 

"Yes, I am," Sophie smiled.

"Fitz told me all about you and the little mishap yesterday," He chuckled. "I'm Alden Vacker." 

Sophie flushed and looked away out a window. "You guys have a nice limo." 

"Tell me about it!" A voice said.

 "Um, is there a ghost in here or something?" Sophie gulped and kept her back to her seat, eyes darting everywhere.

 "No, no way," Biana shook her head. 

She relaxed a bit at that.

"I think it's. . ." Fitz's voice wandered off.

"Well, it's Dex and the triplets," Alden smiled. "Juline and Kesler asked me to give them a ride. I forgot to tell you." 

"Dex?" Biana called out. 

"That's me!" Dex called back, followed by some smacking sounds along with a loud crunch

"No reason to worry," Alden noted as they pulled up to school.

"Thank you for driving me," Sophie nodded. "How can I repay you?" 

"Oh, nothing," Fitz said hurriedly, eyeing her with a knowing smile.

"Hello, prodigies and staff!" Principal Alina exclaimed cheerily during announcements. "Today is national smile day! Make sure to smile at everyone today!" 

The rest of the announcements dragged on until the bell rang, signaling it was time for class.

Each class flew by, each one sending her tons of homework for the time she'd missed.