4.7

octavia's pov

"coming!" nia yells just loud enough to be heard through the thick oak wood door leading into her home.

as i wait patiently to be invited in my eyes search the amber sky, sun setting directly in front of nia's house leaving a beautiful golden glow shining onto the street. my gaze is torn away from the sky by the gentle creek of the once shut door now opening with urgency.

nia stands in the doorway with nothing but a gleaming smile spread across her lips, it's been a while since i've had the chance to see her but she looks the same as ever. her short blonde hair was pulled into two messy buns with her favourite blue bandana (which i so happened to have bought her) wrapped tightly around her head. a cropped black tee hung off of her small shoulders along with a pair of navy joggers sitting comfortably at her hips.

"hi trouble" i smile before pulling her into a long hug. i really have missed this. really missed it.

eventually i pull away from my bestfriend and slip past her as she widens the door for me to come in. i hear laughter coming from the living room reminding me that i was the last to arrive. a tinge of embarrassment rises in my chest but soon settles when nia's gentle hands start to softly pull off my jacket. i look at her, her gleaming smile hadn't faded an inch. i shrug my shoulders in attempt to help my jacket slide off and to my surprise it worked.

"i'm going to put your coat upstairs with everyone else's, they're all in the living room. i won't be 2 seconds" and with that she makes her way up the stairs.

i reach over to the door handle and pull it down gently, immediately the laughter is replaced with "hi" and "hey" by familiar and unfamiliar voices. i step into the room and notice talia being the one sat closest to the door.

a gorgeous tan covered her skin as a result from her holiday in spain which she had just come back from in time for tonight. to my surprise her hair was a light shade of pink, it looked lovely. the colour also matched her pale pink bodysuit fitting well with her denim ripped jeans. sat next to talia was gee, her long blue hair made it impossible to miss her. she waved excitedly at me as i admired her oversized top reaching mid-thigh. gee always was able to make the basic of outfits look magazine worthy. my attention then shifted to the other side of the room as an unfamiliar face stood up from their spot on the second sofa.

"hi! you must be octavia? i'm rowen" as i was now able to place a name to the soft spoken voice i quickly introduced myself.

"yes i am, it's lovely to meet you rowen" i smile as the tall blonde haired girl moved further up the sofa giving me a place to sit down.

her hair was styled into a low bun with a few strands of her hair falling neatly in front of her face. rowen appeared to be wearing a black longsleeve with tight black jeans to match. a confident smile plastered her face just as i was about to take my seat next to her.

quiet mumbles become louder as two voices slowly emerge from the kitchen and into the living room.

"octavia! hi, oh my god it's been too long since i've seen you" freya rushes over to me excitedly and pulls me into a hug.

"hi frey, i know it really has been" i let out a deep breath as i hold my friend tightly.

my eyes flicker towards where freya was just standing to be greeted with the most beautiful girl i'd ever seen in my life. if it wasn't for freya's shoulder covering my mouth i think everyone would have watched my jaw drop to the floor in an instant. once i had let go of frey my arms dropped to my sides nervously, suddenly finding myself unable to talk.