chapter 2

kyler has been kind of upset with me after I got drunk last night, but I didn't even really do anything wrong. I just wanted to have a girls night out. 

I'm driving to our field on campus for some hitting practice with some of my teammates aaliyah & maya. As soon as I pull up I get a text from kyler "meet me at the house afterwards we need to talk"  i know for a fact he's going to yell at me so I call him ahead of time because I don't want him to as upset with me later 

"baby?"

"yes Jordan"

"are you really that mad at me, like im tired of arguing about this"

"stop doing that-"

"doing what, im just trying to figure out why you're so mad about me going out like this has never been that big of an issue befo-"

"we'll talk about it when you get home I don't want to argue with you about this right no-"

beep beep beep- I hung up on him 

3pm after hitting practice 

i'm on the way to kyler house which is about 20 minutes from campus and im so nervous, more nervous than I was for our first date 2 , almost 3 years ago.

as I open the door to his house im greeted by his puppy swoosh 

I walk upstairs to his game room where he's on twitch playing most likely 2K, he pauses the stream and meets me in the bedroom

"you hung up on me earlier?" he said kinda sad 

"you said you didn't want to argue so I just hung up becau-"

"you really know better, its like you want to start an argument. im not saying you shouldn't go out with your friends and have fun but don't leave me hanging all night and expect me to be okay with it. if I were to do that to you you'd be so pissed at me. "

" I didn't leave you hanging kyler what are you talking about I literally texted you before telling you I was going out. "

" That doesn't change the fact that you didn't respond to any of my text through out the night and I had to come get you while you were sloppy drunk all over the place."

" so are you mad that I went out or are you mad that I was drunk"

" babe you are missing the point you suck at communicating! I can never depend on you to keep me in the loop, I always know shit after the fact."

" okay baby I'm sorry I know I need to get better at communicating I love you"

" I love you, no more arguing, let go take swooshie on a walk."

"okay then ill take you out on a date and ill pay" I say, winking at him.

"you know for a fact you aren't paying for shit when you are with me." he says before kissing me.