Chapter 13

Hi guys!

Not much to say so please Vote, Comment, and enjoy!

-Mangocats16

_________________________________________________________

Madelyn watched intently as James was looking through the shelves and occasionally pulling out a book. He set them all on a table when his hands got full and then went to look for more. When James had left, Madelyn scurried over to his table and looked at all of the books that he'd picked out. It seemed that Scorpius's hunch was right, all of the books were about snakes, snake venom, snake bites, and wounds. 

When James came back to the table, Madelyn sprinted off at the last second. She sighed quietly and then went in search of books similar to the ones James had. She found her own table at the other end of the library so that James wouldn't notice her and she started to read. The two of them spent all night in the library just reading about snakes. 

James looked towards a window and saw a few rays of sunlight shining out. He sighed, knowing that he hasn't made much progress. The only thing he'd learned was that a phoenix tear could heal anything including a snake bite. But how in the world was he going to find a phoenix, let alone make it cry.

"Maybe I could call it fat or something." James muttered under his breath. Madelyn heard him and snickered quietly. James could be funny even in the worst situations. He left the library and Madelyn followed a few minutes later. 

They both went to their own rooms and got ready for the day. James noticed that Lily wasn't awake yet. He went over to Lily's room and had a mini heart attack when he saw her. Her skin was as white as a sheet and she looked very frail. He walked over to her and felt her skin. She was ice cold. He panicked and started shaking her frantically. 

"Please don't be dead, please don't be dead," he muttered. Finally, Lily opened her eyes and looked at James with a confused look. Her emerald eyes met James's hazel ones. He'd gotten his hazel eyes from his grandfather, the original James Potter. 

"Jamie, why are you waking me up," Lily mumbled. James smiled at her softly.

"We need to get some breakfast for you Lily-bug," he responded. Lily groaned but let James help her out of bed. He walked her over to the bathroom and she tiredly brushed her teeth and her hair. James watched her carefully making sure that if she did fall, he'd be able to catch her. 

Finally, Lily was done and had a scarf wrapped around her neck. The twins headed down to the main dining hall. Albus saw his siblings coming in but he gasped when he saw Lily. He quickly ran over to the pair. 

"James, what happened to Lily?" he asked worriedly. James panicked.

"She...uh... has a stomach bug?" he said though it sounded more like a question. Albus crossed his arms.

"Oh really, well I don't think a stomach bug makes you look half dead!" he exclaimed. Lily groaned.

"I'm fine Al, just a little sickness," she mumbled. Albus sighed. He always knew when Lily was lying. He didn't question her though but instead grabbed her limp body and supported her into the dining hall where he put her in a chair next to the one James was going to sit in. Albus sat on her other side and started piling stuff on his plate. 

James grabbed a few things for himself and a few things for Lily too though she wasn't in any mood to eat. Lily was already a pretty skinny girl but this sickness just made her even more skinnier and now it looked like her skin was barely covering her bones. Ginny looked over and saw her children serving themselves. 

She smiled at them but then gasped as she took in Lily's appearance. For a second she thought that her daughter was dead. Harry heard his wife gasp and shot her a questioning look before slowly turning his head to see what she was looking at.