chapter 3

song of the chapter: tomorrow by BTS

---

chapter 3

He couldn't stop thinking about the words on his wrists.

  What's your answer?

What situation would he put himself in for those to be the first words that are said to him?

He was so lost in thought he forgot to keep his guard up as he walked in the hallway, until he heard a whistle from around him.

"Aww, look at little pinky here." Jimin heard a voice call from beside him.

He tried to ignore the voice and continued rummaging through his locker and put his things away. Right when he was reaching for something, the locker shut abruptly, missing his fingers by a centimetre.

Jimin jumped slightly and felt his back being pushed against the locker, hands gripping the collar of his shirt.

"You look at him when he's talking to you, alright?" He heard the second boy behind the culprit say.

Jimin breathed heavily as he slowly looked up into the eyes of the person holding him. He felt nothing but anger looking at Jin, but he knew he couldn't do anything about it, especially with his groupie right beside him.

Out of the four, Taehyung, Yoongi, Namjoon, and Jin, Taehyung always held the least pressure. He wasn't rough as he made it look.

Namjoon usually just watched the entire time, never having even touched Jimin before. It was Yoongi and Jin he was truly scared of.

"Hey! Get your hands off of him!" Jimin glanced to the side and saw his best friends rushing towards him.

"Tell him to take those f---ing earrings off and get rid of hideous hair color, then." Jin snarled and glared at Jimin menacingly.

Jungkook shoved Jin off of his friend and Jimin frowned as Hoseok began advancing towards the other three.

"Let's just go, Hobi." Jimin mumbled, feeling uncomfortable from the stares on him once again.

It was obvious that the guys wanted to do something to the four, but Jimin already looked really upset, and so they dropped it. Besides, it was Jimin's birthday, and they didn't want him being so sad on this day.

There were times when Jimin really loved his school. It was an arts high school, and it was really prestigious to get into since you had to audition to get in.

He loved calling himself an art student, or more specifically, a culinary arts student.

There were also times he hated the school, especially situations like this. They didn't handle bullying very well, or at least situations where it concerned the four.

They were in the dance program, and as much as Jimin wanted to deny it, they were excellent dancers. It was truly amazing how beautiful their dance looked, but he learned how deceiving people could be.

Hoseok was also part of dance as well and even he could admit they were good, but Hoseok was too.

Jungkook was in the vocal program, which was a smart decision on the school's part since his voice was amazing, some would even say angelic.

The three separated from the bullies but both Hoseok and Jungkook were a bit hesitant to walk away.

"I feel sorry for their soul mates." Hoseok scowled and glanced at his two friends. "Are you okay, Chim?"

Jimin straightened his flannel so it wasn't wrinkled, and ran his hands through his hair, glancing at the pink locks through his fingers. "I'm fine."

"Don't listen to them, your hair is cute. He's obviously blind. You know the stereotype for how blondes are." Jungkook chuckled, lightening the mood.

Jimin appreciated his attempt to make him smile. Especially since his sister, Yeji, dyed her hair blonde a few weeks ago. So he wasn't being completely wrong.

Jimin felt more comfortable with them around him. "Thanks guys."

"Hey, don't be so down." Jungkook comforted, "Tonight, we're gonna have so much fun. Your mom told us she was making those red velvet cookies again."

At that, Jimin chuckled lightly and shook his head. "Of course she is."

His love for baking and food in general came from his mother, who was a chef at a popular Italian restaurant in the city. Everyone knew how much Jungkook loved her red velvet cookies. It was adorable.

"Your family loves us." Hoseok said matter-of-factly.

Jimin had been friends with the two for so long that they were always over at his house, and so of course his large family took a liking to them. Jimin didn't want to admit it since their heads tended to grow a bit large.

But honestly, Jimin loved how close they were to his family. They didn't have a very good family of their own.

Hoseok lived with both his parents, but neither of them are supportive to his decisions. They flat out told Hoseok they approve of his girlfriend because she was black, and it was what finally made Hoseok snap.

They'd already been really bad parents since they were never there for him and always tried to control everything he did. It's kind of where he got his anger issues from.

For Jungkook, it was different. He lived with his grandparents since he was taken away from his abusive parents who were still locked up in jail.

It's a really touchy subject for him to talk about, but he was pretty young when it happened so he doesn't remember everything completely.

Ever since, he had been with his loving grandparents, but they just weren't the right parent figures. He really did appreciate them for taking him, but he knew they wouldn't be there with him forever since they were really old. They were all he had, and it scared him.

"Okay..." Jimin said in a singsong tone and Jungkook stared at him bewildered.

"What do you mean 'okay'? You know they love us."

Jimin shrugged and kept walking straight. Hoseok bumped his arm lightly and Jimin laughed aloud.

"We'll see about that later." Hoseok winked.

---