Chapter 3

Later on that night, Scheherazade told him another story. The continuation of the first sheykh story and also the second syekh story. Before she could finish, the second night pass. "The sun has risen. If you spare my life once again, I will finish the story next night." Syahrar agreed, "I will." He said. "You are quite impressive. To capture me in words, that I do not kill you even after two nights." He held her slender neck in her hand, but her eyes shows no hate. She smiled at him kindly. "Just like Fatima." He said with a very painful expression. "After tonight, you shall live no more."

Hearing his word, Scheherazade became curious and tried to get information from the servants. "Fatima? That Queen and 10 concubines of sultan is always playing around and they betrayed the sultan." said a servant with anger and hatred written clearly on her face. "She is the reason why sultan hate womens. He thought that all women is the same." Scheherazade laugh at her explaination. "A man may rule the world, he may be the strongest. But only a woman can control him."

"Your words is true." Said a man behind them. Scheherazade eyes widened as she turn around. She smiled gracefully. "Do you care to tell me your name?" The man gave signal for the servant to leave. "My name is Ali. And what is your name?" "Scheherazade." She answered. "Ahh... the girl who survived for two days." He said. Scheherazade nod and Ali left.

Scheherazade continue to find out about Fatima but there's nothing she can find. Not a single painting of her nor her personal things. When the sun goes down she is suprised to see the sultan came to his room earlier than her. "Im sorry to make you wait, your highness." She said. Syahrar gave her signal to come closer. She did and Syahrar kiss her passionately until she ran out of breath. "You may be a good storyteller but you are not a good kisser." Syahrar smiled cruely. Scheherazade blushed and she didn't talk back. Syahrar held her that night and after that he fall asleep.

Scheherazade couldn't go to sleep and she is bored. Syahrar arms held her tightly so she couldn't move. "Fatima." Scheherazade spelled that name. The sultan keep whispering the name when they make love and she pitied him. "Why do you love her so much?" She whispered sofly while closing her eyes. "Dont sleep yet. Continue your story." Syahrar said. Scheherazade startled to see him awake. Did he hear that? She cant stop thinking about unpleasant words she have said. And so, she finished the story of the merchant and the genie.

"If you wish to, I can tell you another story before the sun risen." Said Scheherazade. Syahrar nod. "Tell me another story." So Scheherazade start telling a story of the fishermen. But she didn't finish her story when dawn came. She said, "The sun has risen. If you let me live another day I will tell you what happened to the fishermen." Syahrar nod and let her live.

Scheherazade investigation meet a dead end since everyone keep telling her the same story. But the story isn't completed. "Who is Fatima? Where did she come from? Who did she slept with? How did she get caught?" Those questions filled her head. She stopped walking when she saw a garden. It is so beautiful and so many flowers is blooming. She walk out of the palace and played in the garden until evening.

That night, Scheherazade is waiting for Syahrar. And when he came, he surprisingly smiled at her. "Are you waiting for me?" He asked while sitting next to her. "Yes I am. There's no one else I waited for, your highness." She answered.

Syahrar held her that night and she continued her story. The same thing happened again and again until she finished her story of the fishermen which take 6 days in total.