Chapter nine

It wasn't until then was when I realized how much I missed his voice. I almost forgot how he sounded like.

But of course I almost forgot. We haven't talked in so long. The knot that would appear just below my belly button whenever he spoke came again. The memories that I have worked so hard to bury because it brought me comfort and peace were being revived. The fast beating that was in my chest that only he could create was more alive then ever. It was all coming back to me. My past, the one I have been unknowingly trying to run away from, has caught up with me.

The rest of the call with him was incredibly pleasing. 'How I missed him' a thought lingers at the back of my mind, but I do remind myself that I have a boyfriend now.

We talked about everything and anything. He made me laugh way too many times, which I most certainly needed.

He shared with me his stories and what he was up to during the time we spent apart. All the questions I ever had for him as to why he ended things were answered. Turns out he did it so I could put all my focus on my upcoming checkpoints at the time. But still, a part of me wasn't convinced.

We talked from eleven, untill three in the morning. That ladies and gentlemen , was my longest phone call. Not even calls with Liam were like that.

Speaking of Liam, I know what you might be thinking again. This is the perfect time to end things with him now that Diego is back right?. No.

'Let's not forget that Diego left. Without any explanation or whatsoever. To make matters worse, I had to endure the pain alone and pretend as if nothing ever happened between us. Yes, he might have a reason as to why he ended things, but it still doesn't change the fact that I have now moved on with my life and i have a boyfriend that loves me and cares for me.', I remind myself.

It was the right thing to do, right?