Chapter Three

We're all lounging about in the huge living room. Some girls are watching TV, others are playing board games, some are sleeping and a few are still working out. We are all startled by the door opening. We look at each other and then everyone looks at me. I stay still, making sure no alarms go off or anything.

"Girls I'm back!" we hear the familiar voice of Hunter yell out. We all grin at each other and the girls scramble out of the room. The others follow with me training behind. I get into the foyer where all the girls are stopped. I push my way through to the front and I stop also. Behind Hunter stands the Snakes. All of them. I study them. 

They are all older than when we last saw them. There are even some new ones. I look at Hunter and he's talking with a boy, who I assume is their leader.. The rest of the girls are still staring at the boys in shock and some boys are staring at the girls. I roll my eyes.

I walk over to where Hunter and the guy are standing. "Hunter?" I say. He turns to me and smiles.

"Nicole, meet Xavier. He's the leader of the Snakes." He turns to Xavier. "This is Nicole, leader of the Hawks."

Xavier looks me up and down and I do the same to him. He's tall, about 6'3 and muscular. I could tell he's been trained to show no emotion because even though he's giving me a little smile, his beautiful blue eyes show no emotion. I know that mine look the same. His shaggy black hair hangs over his eyes, but he brushes it away, and I notice a tattoo on the inside of one of his fingers. It looks vaguely familiar.

"What are they doing here?" I ask, tearing my eyes away from him.

"They agreed to help us on a mission," he says proudly.

"And that mission being?" I say trailing off.

"That we will discuss at dinner. For now," he turns to Xavier and the rest of the Snakes, "make yourself at home. There are plenty of rooms on the second floor for you. You can take your bags up there then come back down if you want, or just lounge up there, your choice. I have another meeting to go to and I'll be back for dinner." he walks out the door, but not before giving me a look that says, make sure no one dies. I sigh and shake my head.

"Welcome, guys." I say bored. "We're the Hawks if you didn't know. I'm Nicole, the leader and these are my "assistants" if you want to call them that, Mckenna and Jasmin." I gesture to Jasmin and Mckenna to come forward. They see, and come stand by my side. "Like Hunter said, make yourself at home. We hang out in the living room if any of you want to join us."

"Thank you, Nicole." Xavier says. His voice is deep and rich.

I nod at him and turn towards my girls. "Go ahead and continue what you were doing, I'm going back to the gym." I turn to Mckenna and Jasmin and say in a quiet voice so only they hear, "Keep and eye on them. We still can't be too sure," they nod and I leave the room and head down to the basement.

I'm throwing knives at a target that's 50 feet away when I hear footsteps coming up quietly behind me. I feel a presence behind me and I drop the knife, grab the arm of whoever's behind me and flip them to the ground in one swift motion. I press my knee into their back before realizing who it was.

"Oh it's you," I say getting up. I pick up my knives and keep throwing them. He gets up and watches me for a second. All the knives hit the bullseye.

I'm about to throw the last one when he says, "Want some tips,"

I turn to him and without looking I throw the knife again. It hits the middle like the rest. "No." I pick up another one.

He smirks then grabs my hands. "Relax your grip on the blade, it'll make it go faster." he says, fixing my hand. He's all up in my face and doesn't move. I can feel his warm breath on my face. His eyes show amusement. I throw the blade, still looking at his eyes, and count to two. That's how long it usually takes, but I hear the thud right before I finish one. I look at it in surprise and shock. Xavier chuckles. "Told you." he says. I roll my eyes, and walk over to where my water bottle was.

"You know," Xavier says. "We're going to see a lot of each other for a while, we might as well get close." He saunters over and grabs my waist gently, pushing me against the wall.

I smirk at him and put my hands on his chest. "How close are you talking about?" I ask innocently, tracing his collarbone with my fingers.

His voice goes all husky. "As close as we can get,"

I smile at him seductively and look into his eyes, leaning in. "Wanna know what I think?" I say softly.

"Hmm?" He murmurs. His eyes are on my lips and they are filled with lust.

I lean in until our lips are about to touch before flipping him onto his back again. "No." I say confidently and walk out of the room, leaving him on the ground speechless.