~9~

Connor's POV 

When Evan said he wanted a second date I swear I was about to squeal. 

Just imagine me... squealing. Me. 

I really want to ask him out now but we just went out yesterday so it's too early. Plus just asking him out over text again is kinda lame so I can wait and do it at school or something. 

I hear a knock on my door and before I can respond, Zoe swings the door open. 

"Ok so hear me out," she starts.

"Hi to you too," I interrupt.  

"Yeah, yeah whatever, back to me being a genius."

I scoff and roll my eyes but now I'm slightly intrigued.

"What if... we have a little party-"

Hold up. Connor Murphy does not do parties. 

"Fuck no" I interject immediately.

"Wait just shut up and listen. A party.... where you invite Evan and I invite Alana."

She gives me a mischievous smile.  

"Cause then we can all hang out together and I really want to like officially meet Evan since I only really bumped into him in the halls once and then I see him sometimes in the halls after band practice but we've never actually met. And then I can introduce you to Alana. Even though you two have chemistry together, I'm assuming you don't socialise with any random kids in your classes cause you're all eMo and aNgStY."

She pauses waiting for me to retort. 

"I would object but you're not wrong," I say. 

"Yeah and I also really want to ask out Alana but I don't know if she likes girls so I thought that I could first invite her to hang out in a group and then see where it goes you know?"

"Sure," I say. 

"Anyway what do you think?" she asks.

Well I did really want to see Evan again. But it's a party and that seems like a lot of human interaction. Ew.

Though I suppose there would only be one person whom I wouldn't normally interact with. And it's worth it if I get to spend time with Evan. 

"Fine," I agree. 

"Yay!" Zoe exclaims. "I'll make a group chat so we can talk about the details and all that jazz."

She pulls out her phone and her thumbs start flying over the keyboard. 

(When I was writing this I started getting ahead of myself and accidentally wrote "she pulls out her thumbs" yiKeS)

After a moment I get a notification from my phone. It's on the ground near my bed but I don't want to fully stand up to go get it so I keep my legs on the bed and lean over the edge walking my hands closer to the phone until I finally reach it. I grab it and struggle as I walk my hands back to the bed and almost fall off as I bring myself upright again. 

I look up to see Zoe staring at me. 

I stare back.

"What?" I ask.

She bursts out laughing. "Dude. You couldn't have just gotten off the bed and picked up your phone? You really just went through all of that instead." 

"Like you don't do the same thing." 

"Shut up," she says playfully. "You looked stupid doing it." She sticks her tongue out at me.

I chuckle. "Yeah and you looked stupid doing that."

She gives me an eye roll and turns back to her phone. I open my messages as well.

YaLikeJazz?🎼 Hey guys! Connor and I are gonna have a party next weekend with just everyone in this gc. Are y'all free?

AlanaBeck: What time?

YaLikeJazz?🎼: Uh how about 7:00 Saturday?

AlanaBeck: Let me check my schedule, I'll be back shortly. 

Treeboi: I'll have to ask my mom but I'm pretty sure she'll say yes

Yes! Maybe I'll actually enjoy this party.

ifinishedthemilk: Cool

AlanaBeck: I can come!

Treeboi added "InsanelyCoolKid" to the chat.

ifinishedthemilk: tf?

Treeboi: I'm so sorry Jared stole my phone and added himself

Ugh. Jared Kleinman. That kid's such a dick. And he's always so rude to Evan to even though they're friends. They're pretty much always hanging out together. He'd better not fucking come to this party.

InsanelyCoolKid: What up losers its ya boi The Insanely Cool Jared Kleinman

InsanelyCoolKid changed AlanaBeck's name to "NerdGirl"

YaLikeJazz?🎼: Hey!

Nerd Girl: Excuse me, I will inform you that a "nerd" is either defined as a single-minded expert in a particular technical field or a person who lacks social skills and is boringly studious. Whereas I am an expert in many fields and I have social skills. As a matter of fact I have also been told that I was a very interesting person. Therefore, I am not a nerd. 

InsanelyCoolKid: I think they meant you're a very iNtEResTiNg person hah

ifinishedthemilk: Why r u heere Jared

NerdGirl: Here*

InsanelyCoolKid changed ifinishedthemilk's name to "ThotTopic"

Ha. That's kind of funny. But it's Jared so no it's not.

InsanelyCoolKid: Im coming to ur lame ass party

ThotTopic: If its lame why do u want to come

InsanelyCoolKid: 

ThotTopic: Jared u cant ignor me with memes

Even relatable ones. 

InsanelyCoolKid: You underestimate my dankness

InsanelyCoolKid: And im still comng to ur party

Fuck. This kid is going to be the death of me.

A/N ~ wOw tWo cHaPtErS iN oNe dAy lol hope you enjoyed this one

Sincerely, Me