Chapter 26

Richie's POV

When we're both ready for bed, we climb in and lie in the middle.

I immediately wrap my arms round him and pull him into me.

"So does this mean we're dating?" he asks.

"If you'll take me." I say with a grin.

He gives me a look which means that he wants a serious, non-jokey, answer. So my grin softens to a smile as I genuinely ask, "Do you want to be my boyfriend?"

"Of course I do ya goof!" he says with a wide smile as he leans closer to my face, our lips meeting for another sweet kiss.

We pull back and smile at one another, Eddie then reaches up and tangles his fingers in my hair.

"You love touching my hair, don't ya?!" I ask as he continues running his fingers through my curls.

"Yes I do!" he says in a sweet voice and an adorable look on his face as he becomes mesmerised by my hair. "It's so soft."

"You're so cute!" I say while kissing his little button nose.

A pink hue dusts his cheeks as he softly giggles.

"Right back at ya Richie." he says while snuggling his face in the crook of my neck and keeping his hands in my hair.

I take my glasses off and throw them onto Eddie's side, making sure he won't accidentally lie on them.

"Night Spaghetti!" I say as I snuggle my face in his soft hair.

"Night Rich!" he softly says into my neck.

I close my eyes with a smile on my face as I drift off to sleep.

The next morning

I wake up, opening my eyes slowly to see Eddie still snuggled up into me and his hands in my hair.

It wasn't a dream! It actually happened!

I start running my fingers through Eddie's soft locks of hair, thinking about how much I love this cute lil guy!

I then feel Eddie move slightly and his hands briefly untangle from my hair. He moves his head back and looks up at me. 

I reach behind him and grab my glasses, quickly putting them on my face and looking back down at Eddie.

"Morning cutie!" I say with a smile as I kiss his forehead.

"Morning Rich!" he says giggling slightly.

"Sleep well?" I ask him.

"Yeah! I always sleep better when I'm in your arms." he says as he leans up and captures a sweet kiss.

He pulls back and smiles. "Well I'm glad to be of service." I say in a posh voice, which makes Eddie softly chuckle at me.

"So did you want to unpack your boxes and just spend the whole day together?" I ask, staring into his gorgeous eyes.

"Sounds great!" he says snuggling back into me. "But want to cuddle first." 

"Fine with me Eds." I say, as I snuggle back into him.

After a long snuggly while we got up and dressed, and went downstairs for breakfast. After breakfast we came back up and got started on sorting through Eddie's boxes. 

After a few hours we were finally done and took the empty boxes downstairs where my mum told us to put them. Then we all had dinner and afterwards went back up to our room and lay on the bed.

We lay on our sides facing each other, our hands entwined and legs tangled together. Our foreheads touching as we stare into each others eyes, happy being with one another.

"I always loved hanging out with you before, but it's way better now than I can freely touch you." I say with a smile, making Eddie blush.

"Have I, Eddie Kaspbrak turned The Trashmouth soft!" he says with a gasp, putting his free hand to his chest. 

"Yeah! Just like how I've made you dramatic." I say through a chuckle, making him giggle in the process.

"But yeah, I do prefer that neither of us have to hold back now." he more calmly says. "It was hard holding back my feelings and the want to be closer to you." he quietly stated.

"Well we don't have to worry about that anymore." I mumble as I move closer to Eddie and plant a sweet kiss on his soft lips.

When I pull back he has the cutest smile on his face and a pink hue on his cheeks.

"Well I'm happy to stay here with you for the rest of the day, if you want to?" I ask.

"Sounds great." he adorably replies.

So we spend the rest of the day just being with each other and sharing sweet kisses occasionally. 

It was the best day!

Time skip

We both get ready for bed and when we're done, snuggle up together in the middle of the bed.

"Well today's been great! I think tomorrow we should tell the others." Eddie says while locking eyes with me.

"Alright, I just hope that they're all okay with it. I know that Stan is, I just don't know about the rest." I say.

"Well I know Bill is, he's the one that helped me realise my feelings for you." he explains. "I'm guessing Stan helped you realise?"

"Yeah, so that's two out of five. Which is less people to worry about." I say with a small smile.

"It'll be fine Richie. I'll be right next to you the whole time and plus I'm sure they'll be fine with it." he calmly says while resting a hand on my face. "They're our friends, I think we know them well enough by now, to know that they won't judge us." he finishes.

I do feel a lot calmer now, but I can't help that sliver of worry in the back of my head. I look down at Eddie and focus my attention on him.

He softly smiles at me, still lightly stroking my cheek.

"Thanks Eds." I say with a genuine smile as I lean down and capture a sweet kiss.

After a few seconds I pull away, take my glasses off and place them next to the lamp which I turn off.

I turn back to Eddie, snuggling into him as I drift off to sleep.