1 : 3

"Wait Sir!" Adequin chased after Valerio who was leaving the horse stable.

'Thats Valerio Goldenleonard? What a pipsqueak.'

Wolfgang smirked watching the back of the blonde's head.

"You have no manners," Wolfgang turned towards Soohyuk, "There's nothing wrong with the sandwich, you're acting stubborn."

"And how would you know that?"

"He went out and asked a group of children, most likely your previous friends, what kind of sandwiches you like." Wolfgang widened his eyes.

"Why would he do that?"

"I hope you realize that he is your brother. Even without knowing, you can tell Sir Valerio is trying hard to be friendly."

"Tch, friendly my ass." Wolfgang laid back on his side hiding from Soohyuk.

"I'll be off then."

"I hope you realize that he is your brother. Even without knowing, you can tell Sir Valerio is trying hard to be friendly."

"Tch."

The next day...

"Your highness," Wolfgang sat up finding Adequin holding a foiled sandwich, "Sir Valerio is currently busy so he wasn't able to deliver this himself."

"If you'd like I can check for poi-" Wolfgang snatched the sandwich from Adequin's hands and took a bite.

Knock knock

"Come in." Soohyuk walked into the room. Valerio was seated at his oakwood desk hidden behind stacks of paperwork, he didn't look up at Soohyuk but he knew it was him.

"Gosh, my dotting father loves to not do his work and leave it to me when other empires are on the verge of declaring war. You know, Depennia could have broken its relations with us because he wanted to stay with his boys." Soohyuk blankly looked at Valerio.

He looked up and smirked, "Sorry, I shouldn't be ranting about this stuff... but surely if I were king, I would put the state before any other matter. To rule an Empire and caring only about yourself is a foolish way to rule."

"Then why don't you try to become the king."

'Not this again...'

Valerio put down his pen.

"I am not fit to be king."

"Then I'll train you."

"Again, I'm not interested," Valerio's smile disappeared, "why not train Wolfgang? I know you've been watching him in secret, i'm also sure he wants to have a showdown with the king as well."

Soohyuk widened his eyes,

'How does he...'

"He would be more of a benevolent king than me, sure he has some spunk in him but he will be a good king no doubt." The room silent except for the noises of birds chirping from the open office window.

"I'll be on my way then," Soohyuk walked towards the door but stopped, holding the door handle, "your mother died for treason against the king, not childbirth."

Soohyuk had whispered loud enough for Valerio to hear him, although soft enough that anyone walking in the hallway wouldn't hear him. In a matter of seconds, Valerio jumped out of his chair and grabbed Soohyuk's arm and pulled him back into the room.

"Tell me more." Valerio had pinned Soohyuk against the back of the door.

"Only if you agree to work with me."