/Chapter 24/

Chapter Twenty- Four

Chaeyoung's PoV

"So, who's going up to get that supply?" Eunwoo asked.

We are now in the forest and we saw a supply hanging on the tree.

"Bambam, you get the supply," Dahyun said.

"I- I want to. B-but I'm afraid of heights." Bambam stated while keeping his head down.

"Nado," Eunwoo said and sighed.

"I'll go up and you guys catch the supply ok," I said and preparing myself to climb up.

"Are you crazy? what if you fall. Your wounds are not yet ok." Rosé said as she stopped me.

"Aish, It's fine. If you don't want Chaeyoung to go up, then you climbed instead." Dahyun said with a sense of irritation.

I just glared at her but she just shrugged.

"What? Unless you guys want us to get nothing." Dahyun said.

I just shook my head and look at Rosé.

"I'm fine. I'll be back fast." I said to her.

"Uh, Lisa can you stay with Rosé for a while," I asked Lisa.

"No need to ask," Lisa said as she went beside Rosé.

Why does everyone here seem not in their mood?

I just shook my head and climbed up the tree. As I got on the top, Eunwoo ready himself to catch the supply.

"Nice one chaeng chaeng!" Dahyun yelled.

"Go down now!" Rosé yelled which I answered by a nod.

As I climbed down, Rosé immediately runs towards me.

"Let's go we still have other supplies to find," Eunwoo said and we started to walk again.

Upon walking, I took a glance at Rosé who's just beside me while clinging her arms on mine.

"Are you ok? Seems like you're fine now. "I asked as I noticed that she was comfortable with our place.

I'm confused. Since we entered again here, she's roaming her eyes around the place like she's enjoying the environment.

"Y-yeah. As long as I'm with you." She said and smiled at me.

Oh. Maybe that's why?

Upon walking we found two more supplies and we decided to go back to the campsite.

"God! I'm so hungry! The only things we got are first aid, drinks, and canned foods. How the heck we can open it!" Dahyun whined as we arrived at the campsite and open the supplies that we got.

We all laughed as we heard her complaints.

"Don't worry I have a can opener," Eunwoo said causing us to look at him weirdly.

Who the heck will think to bring a can opener on camping?

"What? Of course, I know that they will give us canned food. I attended last year so to make sure I brought one." Eunwoo said and we all laughed.

While eating we are having some talk. The other teams also arrived. we just watched them and we cannot avoid laughing as we saw that they are complaining about the canned foods they got.

"I thought you guys joined last year in this camp. You must know that they are going to give us canned food." Mina said to Jihyo who walked towards us to borrow a can opener.

At first, they are asking how we open the can, and here are dahyun told them that opened it by smashing a rock on it.

"Aish, we don't know that they are going to repeat it. Next year I won't join this camp again!" Momo said who had just come.

"Of course. You already graduated that time." Tzuyu butted in.

"She will graduate?" Dahyun asked.

We all laughed as we saw Momo unnie pouting because of the Dahyun question.

"That's mean Dubu!" Momo unnie whined.

Eunwoo gave the can opener to them as they keep on annoying us.

"Be thankful that our captain is nice," Dahyun said to Momo unnie.

They keep on bickering until Momo left and went back to her group.

"I thought you have a crush on Momo unnie, why are you acting up like that?" I asked her and laughed.

"It's the more you hate the more you love thing Chaeng." She said.

I laughed upon hearing her reason.

What the heck!?

For an unknown reason, I tried to look at Dahyun's red string. I saw it making its way to Momo unnie.

I waited and focus my eyes on Momo unnie's red string I was shocked at what I found.

I looked at Dahyun who's looking also at Momo unnie.

"You like her so much?" I seriously asked.

She just looked at me and nodded.

"Since I arrived at this school, she's the one who became my first friend. She always asked me to go to the cafeteria when we have free time to eat. There's one time that she protected me from my bullies. But in the end, she's the one who suffered." Dahyun told me without looking at my eyes.

I patted her back as I noticed that she became sad as she told me the story.

I tried to look again at her pinky finger.

The destiny is playful.

Dahyun's PoV

I'm trying to stop myself from crying as I tell the story to Chaeyoung.

It's right. I like her a lot. Maybe I love her already. Since the day she saves me, I'm wishing that she just didn't help me. Maybe we're good now. Yes, we're good but not like before. That time Tzuyu and I are not yet close that's why Momo is the one and I are close.

Flashback

"Why are you crying dahyun-ah?" I heard Momo say.

It's already our dismissal. I'm in the garden of the school and crying when Momo arrived. She's older than me but she insisted to call her just by her name.

"The bullies are not stopping. They keep saying to the others that I'm poor and my family is a family of thieves." I told her.

She knows that I'm sensitive to this kind of topic knowing that my father is in jail now because of the same accusations.

"Don't worry I got you," Momo said and wiped my tears.

End of flashback

I don't know what she did but after a week, the bullies stopped bullying me. I tried to look for Momo but her friends said that she was not there.

Then I found out that the bullies which are Bambam's squad made up things for Momo.

I don't know what Momo did to stop the bullies.

I found out also that she locked herself for one week because of the rumors that the Bambam squad made.

Which is she being a daughter of a thief? But after a week she went back again. She introduced me to her squad which is Nayeon unnie and others.

I tried to ask her about what happened but she keeps changing the topic.

She became distant from me which I noticed.

I ask the others but they didn't know anything about that. So, I decided to stop asking her since she's fine now and I'm fine now.

But the old us is not.