CHAPTER 2: Loey's Sweet Escape

The wintry sun is the brightness of the day, taking centre stage as the blooms of the summertime become a part of the soil. Though the air bares only the coldness and the ground is frozen once more, they glitter with the gift of each nascent ray.

The wintry trees stand as ballet dancers poised. There is a warmth that tumbles out in the winter time; when all else is so cold.

Today is just another day of winter. People are back in their usual day during this cold weather. The aroma of sweet coffees fly throughout the windows of each house.

"Did you cooked some lefse?" Aurora asked Olivia while taking the downstairs.

Olivia looked up to her and nodded while pouring the coffee in the cups.

She immediately ran to her mother just to see the flatbreads placed presentably in a plate. Aurora smiled a little. She took her seat and started eating. Lefse is a simple flatbread dish
that is traditionally made during holidays. Today is just a simple day. Nothing special. But her mother still wants to have some of it for the both of them.

"Hmm, it's really tasty," she said while nodding.

A smile was formed in Olivia's face as she heard those. Maybe she's not that bad at cooking, eh? She prepared the coffee and gave it to her daughter. She also took her seat besides Aurora. "What's your plan for today?"

"Gonna roam around, I guess?" she said then took a bite of lefse.

"I can escort you to the World's Heritage Museum if you want," her mother offered.

"Oh, that's nice. But as of now, I prefer to go in Finnsmarkvidda mountain plateau." She continued eating the lefse until there were none. The last bite owned by hers.

Olivia sipped in her coffee, "Why do you want to hike?"

"C'mon, it's winter! Our town in known for its great great great aurora borealis! I want to see it," she said with full of excitement. She also closed her eyes, starting to imagine how enchanted will it be to watch the famous northern lights.

•♥•♥•

"There was this accident that literally broke my heart." Fletcher started his story.

"I think it happened while you and ken are making a snowman yesterday. Am I right?" Ryker asked while sipping on his coffee, making him feel warmth.

They are currently sitting around the small table with served coffees on the top of it. The coffees was prepared by their bestemor.

"Maybe he accidentally hit Ken's face," Sammy whispered to Ryker while watching the ice crystals in the window grow for a while.

Today is colder than the passed days. The cold breeze blew to everyone's body. The cold it brings reaches into anyone's bone.

He stood and pointed her finger to her, "Kinda." Fletcher replied when he heard the whisper of Sammy. He was handsome from the depth of his eyes to the gentle expressions of his voice. His dark-brown eyes are sparkling. He have this single eyelid making him the different in eyes among the group.

"So you accidentally slap his face with snow? And it bleeds!" Ryker confidently answered.

"Oh, you're partly right. Just change the order." He's back to his seat and started hugging his knees.

"Did Ken got a nosebleed first before you hit him? How do I changed the order?" He joked.

Everyone burst out a laugh.

"No, he planted his foot on my face, accidentally," Fletcher said. He can't stop himself from laughing at Ryker.

Their bonding just continued. They exchanged some experience in their life and just some other stuffs. While the air from the window just got frozen lace on everyone's skin, delicate and cold. It's good that their body feel warm inside of those thick coats.