How? How could you do this to me?

A one shot based off the phrase "How? How could you do this to me?"

Ianto held the older man in his arms just waiting for him to wake up. He was taking to long...why wasn't Jack waking up? Ianto looked at the stop watch it had been over 2 minutes now "Come on Jack" he whispered hoping it would bring him back "Jack come on already" a hint of worry and concern in his voice. Still nothing...

Why wasn't he waking up? "Jack, don't you dare leave me. You took the bullet like an idiot and look what happened" Ianto started to feel a little heat in his face and felt tears running down his cheek. Was this how The Captain Jack Harkness finally died for good? Taking a bullet for his boyfriend, sure it was an act of heroism but losing Jack was worse than a bullet wound for Ianto.

He had confided in Jack since day one going from a colleague, a friend, more and now officially partners. They had been officially dating for about 2 years now and Ianto had grown accustomed to Jacks presence, his daily reminders were set to make Jack tea at scheduled times of the day. These reminders were set for 9am, noon and 3pm which were the times Jack was most stressed in the day; if Jack was ever on a mission and the alarm went off he would simply text Jack asking how long he would be or would make the tea in a thermal flask so it was warm but on Jacks desk when he got back.

All of these silly little things he started doing for his Jack Harkness had become part of his day to day life. Even on weekends he would get up at 8am to cook breakfast and would make Jack a cup of tea at 9am whenever he stayed round Ianto's flat. He wasn't ready to allow memories be the only thing left of them.

He held Jack closer to him and hugged him "Please come back Jack, I need you. I need you more than I would like to admit. The way you make me feel when I'm with you is special and I don't think I will ever be able to feel the way i do with anybody else. I cant go from loving a man like you to loving someone ordinary again, You bring out the best in me Jack Harkness. I cant do this without you, i cant be the man you made me. This confident, helpful, charismatic man you have made me into in the time we have dated, i cant do that without you" the tears began to fall even more. His tears started to taint Jacks light blue shirt and make it darker. "Come back to me" Iantos voice broke as he said those final words looking up at the sky he bit his lip....this was the end now.

He would have to go back to a normal life, he couldn't stay at torchwood without Jack. He found Owen insufferable most of the time, Tosh and Gwen were ok but they could have their moments when they would lash out at Ianto for no reason. Jack was the one there to stop that he made sure to protect Ianto inside and outside of work because he knew the truth behind the man who wore suits everyday. Jack knew the true Ianto, the shy, scared of the dark Ianto; he knew the Ianto that would hold your hand walking along the harbour when alone but not when other members of the public were around, Jack knew the Ianto with feelings and emotion. He knew the Ianto that wanted nothing more but love.

Ianto looked at his stop watch it had been 10 minutes since the gun went off and he saw the bullet heading towards him which Jack jumped in front of in order to save Ianto. He was slowly starting to lose hope that Jack would come back until...

There was a loud gasp for air

"Ianto..." a small voice said, it was a male American non the less. Ianto felt a hand move on his back and pull him in close, then a kiss on the forehead "Thank you for staying with me" Jack smiled as he slowly pulled out of the hug

The two men were reunited again after 10 minutes of thinking his boyfriend was dead Ianto was once again willed with hope and admired Jack. "Don't you dare do that to me again you hear Jack! How dare you make me wait that long!" he slapped Jacks arm lightly.

"I'm sorry, but i will make it up to you. Movie your place?" Jack rubbed his arm and chuckled "We can order pizza and make popcorn"

Ianto smiled "Ok i forgive you...this time"