5) Him

My eyes widened. H-he likes me? "What do you mean you like me? We barely even know each other you can't like me-" I started but he caught me off. "I just do." He said, I could somehow understand that he was being serious. "B-but we both have soulmates, you can't like me." I came up with another reason, we both have soulmates and there's no way for us to like each other or be each other's soulmates. "We both don't know who they are." I nodded. "When did you get your necklace?" He asked and I looked at him with confusion. "Around six years old." I think I know where he's going with this. "What if, we are each other's soulmates?" I shook my head at that.

"There's no way we're each other's soulmates. I got mine in a beach in Busan, you're from Seoul." I said, debunking the theory completely. "I got me necklace in a family vacation. While I was playing with friends, in a beach in Busan." Junkyu said and my eyes widened. No, there's no way. How can a jerk like him be my soulmate... there's no way. Well, he did destroy my sand castle when we first met. This must be a coincidence, what if I ask him exactly what happened? "Ok then, what exactly happened?" I asked, Junkyu chuckled a little. "I played a little with my friends and we were running around, I accidentally stumbled upon your sand castle and our lips touched. I apologized and ran away." Junkyu said, with a small smirk on his lips. "You didn't just stumble upon my sand castle you destroyed it." I said angrily and Junkyu laughed.

"So, you admit we're soulmates?" He asked raising one eyebrow. "Doesn't prove much." I said, still not wanting to believe I'm soulmates with a jerk. "Well, I read somewhere that if you lose your soulmate for years or just don't see them for a long time, if you touch in the same place you touched the first time you met, the puzzle necklaces glow." He said, he put one of his hands, which were on my waist, on my face, removing a couple hairs which were in my face before that. "Let's test that." He said and waited for my approval, looking deeply in my eyes, I could see he really believed we were soulmates so, I nodded.

He closed the gap between our faces, his lips touching mine. I kept my eyes open for a moment to see the glow, and, it happened. The glow happened. He.. he is my soulmate. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. It was weird, cause I still hated his guts. Ok that was a lie, with those few days we knew each other my heart didn't stop beating faster and liking him, while my mind rejected those feelings. I heard a couple gasps and awwws from the people around I guess the glow was quite noticable. We broke off the kiss, it wasn't a kiss of lust, it was... sweet. Junkyu smiled at me and I smiled back. I felt oddly... complete. The slow dance ended and we backed away from each other. Some people were staring at us, I guess it was an odd moment, especially in someone else's wedding. I suddenly started laughing and so did Junkyu, this situation was so odd we just started laughing.

"Let's go back to the table." Junkyu held out his hand and I took it, we went back to the table and I noticed his parents there. "You caused quite a scene there sweetie." His mom said with a sweet smile. "Sorry, I didn't mean to mother." He said and suddenly I felt his grip tighten around my hand, what's wrong? I looked at him with a worried look but he didn't look back at me. "Just make sure it doesn't happen again sweetie." She said with a smile. "As expected from my player son, a slut soulmate." I suddenly heard his father said. You know, from someone high up he lacks some manners. I felt Junkyu's grip on my hand tighten once again. I guess he isn't too fond of his parents. I felt his father's judgy look on me as he then stood up and took his wife's hand, asking her to dance and they both disappeared in the crowd.

I let out a sigh of relief without even realizing it. "I'm sorry about my father." Junkyu looked at me with apologetic eyes. I shook me head and smiled. "No need to be sorry, we can't control what our parents do." I said and sat down. Junkyu sat down too and I noticed we didn't let each other's hands go. I giggled a little and Junkyu looked at me confused. "What's so funny?" He asked as he raised one eyebrow. "Who knew the school's player was so clingy." I said as I laughed a little and showed our intertwined hands. Junkyu chuckled and leaned in a little. "I did." He said. I shook me head. "Stupid." I said and pushed him a little away. He pouted and I laughed. "Not that again!" I said and he chuckled too.

"Look at you lovebirds." I heard a voice from beside us and looked at that direction, there stood Bang Yedam, I recognized him from my first day at school, and another small boy, I can describe him in one word. Cute. "Yedam! I thought your family couldn't come." Junkyu said and stood up to hug him. Yedam returned the hug and chuckled. "Yeah, yeah. We made it eventually." Yedam answered and nodded. "Mashiho, did he drag you here?" Junkyu asked the small boy and he rolled his eyes and then nodded. "Like a date?" I said and chuckled at that. Both boys seemed disgusted. "What? There's nothing wrong with being gay." I said and chuckled a little. "No thanks, I already found my soulmate." Mashiho said and showed his puzzle necklace. I nodded. "Yedam, you're the one left." Junkyu said and patted the boys shoulder. The boy nodded and fake cried. "Life is so hard without a soulmate." He said. "I'm just messing, it will come when it will." Yedam said and smiled, that seemed pretty positive.

"So.. Junkyu you finally found your soulmate." Mashiho said. "Congrats." Junkyu nodded in gratitude. I turned away from the conversation as I didn't find it interesting. I drank some water and noticed the boys went somewhere. I didn't really mind as I finally had some time to think about what happened today. It was quite exhausting, to say the least. My eye suddenly caught someone which walked around. My eyes widened. No way. There's no way he's here. He was in Busan. He was caught. Wasn't he? I quickly turned my gaze away and looked for Junkyu and his friends in the crowd but failed to find them. Ok, its all good, as long as he doesn't notice me I'll be fine. I changed my appearance since then. Lost some weight, dyed my hair to black. I think I look quite different now. No way he can recognize me.

I looked at my glass of water and slightly nodded in agreement to myself. Yes, there's no way he would recognize me. "Park Mina?" I heard a voice say next to me and my eyes widened. No way. I turned my head towards the voice. No, it can't be. How... how does he recognize?