Chapter 1

Vianna's POV

I wake up to the buzzing sound of my alarm. Now, let me tell you something about myself, if there is one thing in this beautiful world of ours, which I hate with a passion is to wake up every morning. I despise mornings and the people who start their mornings with an excellent workout, because it takes me half an hour to just get out of my bed, my happy place. I am 23, a commerce student, recently completed my graduation and have already applied to some of the best business colleges in the US. It will take a while for them to review my application so till then I have decided to do an internship at a very well known finance firm in Mumbai.

Today is the first day of my internship so I get out of my bed and take the quickest shower I have ever taken in my life. I live in a rented apartment in Mumbai with my best friend, Ahana Kashyap. We moved here from Delhi, a month ago. She is my world, my soulmate, my sister and my everything. I have known her since the day I was born as our dads have been best friends for the past 45 years. She moved to Mumbai just to stay with me so that I won't feel lonely in one of the busiest and most crowded city in India. Yeah I know she is crazy but she is mine. She is the yin to my yang. I can never imagine my life without her. The thought of leaving her in few months, to move to US for my masters, makes me sad and vulnerable. She keeps on saying that she would take a month long vacation every year to come and meet me but that's not enough. Every time I mention US, she tries really hard to blink back her tears but never succeeds.

I make coffee for the both of us and then we sit on our pretty little coffee table, which we have set up in our balcony that overlooks the Arabian sea. It's like a tradition of ours, to sit here for half an hour every morning and inform each other about our plans for the day. She wishes me luck for my first day of the internship. We kiss each other goodbye and part ways.

I hail a cab and arrive at Goenka Industries after an hour. It is a 20-storey glass building, a symbol of wealth and royalty. Goenka Industries has been in business since last 55 years. Harshvardhan Goenka had started this company when he was just 23, and look at it now, it is a part of Fortune 500 companies of the world. Today, the empire is managed by Dev Goenka, grandson of Harshvardhan Goenka. I have read a lot about him in business magazines and have seen a bunch of his interviews. I shouldn't be saying this, as he is my boss now but you should learn to appreciate beauty right! Dev Goenka is one handsome man, he always looks like someone you would see on the cover of GQ magazine, 6ft tall with brown hair, grey eyes and an athletic body. My mom always tells me, that a person who seems the happiest on the outside, maybe the saddest person you have ever come across and a person with spotless beauty maybe hiding some deep scars within them. Whenever I see pictures or videos of Dev Goenka, I always feel that his eyes are void of any emotions, but that's just my perspective of him.

I am lost in my thoughts when I crash into a wall. Wait, only it's not a wall and The Dev Goenka himself. I feel like face palming myself, since childhood I have this tendency to put myself in awkward situations. I look up and find him already glaring at me. Come on, now that's over reacting, he can just apologize to me.

In the next moment, I hear the sexiest voice, I have ever heard in my life. But as soon as I actually listen to what he has said, I feel like punching him. "Don't know what sort of people are being hired in my company these days!", he said and walked away,just like that. Ugh, I already hate him!

I then decide to ignore him and walk into the building to find my cubical, and start working. God, this office is so humongous, I got lost twice and managed to find my cubical after a good 20 minutes. I was given a 70 page company policy, 70 page, to go through and understand how things work in the company. My entire day was spent in reading the policy and getting a hang on things I was supposed to do everyday. At 5, I was done for the day and decided to stop at a bakery to buy me some cupcakes, to celebrate my first day at work.

Guys, this is my first book so please show some love. I will edit the book, once I finish writing it, so you guys are welcome to point out typos or grammatical mistakes. Please do like and comment if you're reading the book, so I get to know my readers.