ᖇEᗰEᗪY

ᖇEᗰEᗪY

You're the reason I live,

and you'll be the reason I die

All Li'Kiallian Ilumia wanted was to belong.

And truth be told, she didn't— because she was a Jedi. Jedi didn't necessarily belong, but were needed. They existed to keep the peace— but they didn't belong. They didn't belong amongst the citizens because that would involve emotions and they didn't belong amongst the Grand Army of the Republic because they were peacekeepers, not soldiers.

Captain Rex wanted to feel wanted.

But the clone army wasn't accepted by the public. They were needed to protect the Republic— to fight wars for the Republic, but they were not wanted. Civilians looked at them as a waste of money, a waste of space. They didn't belong anywhere.

Li'Kiallian wanted what most people had— a strong bond with an important person. Many Jedi couldn't remember their birth families but wondered what it would be like if they had. What would their life be like? Li'Kiallian often thought about where she would be had she not become a Jedi. She'd be surrounded by the mother and father, the sisters that she so faintly remembered— maybe she would even have a significant other. It was pointless to think about the what ifs because at this point in her life, those chances were gone.

Rex didn't really have a what if. Without the war, he wouldn't exist under any other circumstances. He was thankful for the war because it gave him life but at the same time, his life was a living hell. Day and night, battle and battle, he lost men— brothers— left and right. At what cost? The clones were the only ones who seemed to care about the losses and maybe very few civilians. Clones were allowed to have relationships, but very many didn't jump on that opportunity. Why should they when they could die any day? Leave someone widowed?

Rex couldn't do that to some poor civilian.

And Lillian could never risk forming such a strong attachment.