Chapter 3 ♡

Neither of them spoke for several minutes, both seething at the entirety of their situation. They were stuck together in a cold, dimly lit room with no wands and no means of remaining there. Harry was now shaking with cold and taking in very deep breaths in order to keep his breathing steady. Draco, however, was determined to act as nonchalant as possible, as though being stuck in a room with Harry in the freezing cold was a normal experience.

Meanwhile outside Ron, Hermione, Pansy and Blaise were still listening intently at the door.

"Neither of them have spoken in a while, shall I go in and see if they're alright?" Hermione asked timidly, "They're probably freezing cold."

"No," Pansy replied, "they haven't killed each other yet, so that's a start. Look," she softened her tone at Hermione's worried look, "this may be the only way we get them to stop bickering. If we don't, we'll be stuck with their endless arguing for ages. And who knows how long that'll last before Ron and Blaise get fed up of it and decide they don't even want to be together anymore because of it. None of us want that, do we?" she finished, stroking Hermione's cheek.

"No, you're right." Hermione sighed.

Back inside the dungeon, Draco's lips began to turn blue; he was shaking with cold and his teeth were chattering violently. Harry, noticing this, looked around at him briefly as Draco tried to wrap as much of his robes around himself as possible. Even Harry, who didn't particularly like Draco felt bad for the blonde who clearly didn't handle the cold well.

"Malfoy, are you-?" Harry began.

"I'm fine, Potter. I'm touched. I didn't know you cared." he replied sarcastically in a small, shaky voice.

Harry raised his eyebrows in question and Malfoy scowled.

"Well of course I'm not okay. I'm bloody freezing my arse off here." Draco cried, his voice echoing around the walls.

Harry didn't know what to do. He himself was starting to find the cold unbearable; he didn't want Malfoy to know that though so he tried to keep his mouth shut to prevent his teeth chattering. Suddenly, an idea came to Harry. No, he couldn't- There was no way that Malfoy would agree to it, Harry argued with himself. He shuddered at the thought of it, but then again he was freezing cold and was pretty sure the others had left to be somewhere more warm. After several minutes of trying to convince himself to go along with the idea, he finally stood up and slowly and reluctantly walked towards Malfoy.

"Malfoy. I'm going to do something but you have to promise to NEVER EVER repeat what I'm about to do to ANYONE."

"Depends what it is Potter. You know, secrets have a cost." Malfoy replied, his voice trailing off at the end.

Malfoy looked apprehensive as Harry inched closer towards him. I can't believe I'm doing this, Harry thought, but I'd rather this than freeze to death. As he reached the shivering blonde before him, Harry began to wrap his arms around Draco. Repulsed by the thought, Draco jumped up.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked in horror.

"Preserving our body heat."

"Well, preserve it over there away from me." Draco exclaimed, backing away.

Harry who was becoming more and more embarrassed, whipped around to face Draco once again.

"Look, it's not like I want to... touch you," he said the last two words with utter disgust, "But we have no wands, no matches and no way of getting out of here. Malfoy look at you-"

Draco went to protest.

"No Malfoy. You're bloody freezing, I mean look at you. Your lips are blue for crying out loud."

For a few moments, neither of them spoke, they just stood facing each other.

"No. No, it's just... no Potter. I'd rather be cold than have you..around me." Malfoy scoffed.

Harry sighed, "Fine, be cold.Not my problem." he said before backing away and sitting back down, back to Malfoy.

As he walked away, he heard Malfoy mutter something along the lines of 'it is your problem too you git', but Harry ignored it. He was cold and hungry and tired. Screw it, he thought, and rested his head on the desk. His eyes fluttered the moment he lay his head down and a few seconds later, he was dozing off to sleep.

" Potter, Potter!"

Harry woke with a start.

"Wh- what? I wasn't asleep. Malfoy?"

Harry looked up to see Malfoy standing over him.

"Ugh, why did you wake me up?" Harry groaned.

"I thought you were...never mind. I... I can't believe I'm agreeing to this. If you tell anyone, you're dead meat. Understand?" Harry could tell that Draco was trying to be intimidating but the words just came out as shivers.

Harry stared at Draco with bewilderment for a few seconds, until he realised what he meant.

"Believe me. I don't want people to know as much as you."