I WANNA GO HOME!

"Nerds Alert!" Someone yelled and snickered behind me which made me turn around and come face-to-face with the she devil.
"Oh it's you. Did you want to touch my hair again? Or you want to touch my skin this time?" I taunted the brunette that cornered me the other day in the locker room. She glared at me.
    "I wouldn't touch your filthy self even if you gave me a million dollars." She retorted while smirking at me.
    "Yeah sorry but that deal is off. I  already have the money. Her skin is as smooth as a baby's butt. That's right, I felt it." Lee said and winked, before I could give her a befitting reply. I think her glare just got more dangerous.
   "What do you know, gay boy?" She spat and her two bimbo friends giggled.
    "Don't call me gay again. Oh, I know that you probably have STD. Heck, I'm sure all the guys that have been with you are rethinking their lives now. Now if you will excuse us mumu, we have a class a go to." He flashed her a very big smile and grabbed my hand, pulling me with him.
    "Mumu felt awesome coming out of your mouth." I cheered. He took a very dramatic bow and wiped imaginary dust from his shoulder.
   "I have the best teacher." He fist bumped me.
  "I know, I know! I'm THE bomb!" We met Maureen in the hallway.
    "Yo Maureen!" I greeted when I reached her.
   "IJ! What's happening? Hey Lee!" I didn't know Lee and Maureen knew each other.
   "Can you believe Tiffany, Stephanie, and Amber ambushed us? Like what the heck?!" Lee explained to Maureen. Maureen did not look surprised one bit. I think she has been on the receiving end of all this drama before.
   "That witch! She just likes to do that. Don't mind her at all. She wanted to try her nonsense on me but I gave it to her."
"Gave what to her?" Lee asked because he was confused.
"That's for us to know and you to find out." I snickered. Maureen and I had this mischievous glint in our eyes. There is so much fun when you can communicate in a language that most people around you don't understand.

🧡💛🧡

Classes were the same. The math teacher is even more miserable. I feel like he doesn't like me for some reason. But hey, I don't care, I don't give a damn. I'm not living my life to please him anyway. Surprisingly, I haven't seen Colum today. It's lunchtime now, and I'm making may way to the cafeteria with Maureen. Lee will meet us at our regular table. Mizpah and Chinelo have their own table now but they sit with us once in a while.
"To be honest, I'm tired of eating this cafeteria food." Maureen complained. The food they serve tastes bland.
"I need some serious Waakye." She said.
"What is Waakye? Is it that rice and beans food you Ghanaians eat?" I asked her.
"Yeah! There is this restaurant that serves African food. We will go there next time. Of course, it doesn't taste like how the women back at home make it, but it's tastier than some of the food here. That's what I live on. I'd be dead by now without Waakye." Maureen said dramatically. She is very dramatic, waving her hand in the air for effect.

{A/N: So the picture above is a picture of Waakye🤤 It has rice and beans, stew, meat, egg, spaghetti, and gari

{A/N: So the picture above is a picture of Waakye🤤 It has rice and beans, stew, meat, egg, spaghetti, and gari. Sometimes, it has salad, and fish. I'm hungry now🤤🤤🤤}

🧡💛🧡
"Miss Clementina!" I heard my name. I'm sitting in my math class... again. Whoever put two math lessons together must have their head banged into a tree.
   "Yes?"
   "You are not paying attention." The teacher accused. Everyone turned to face me, awaiting my answer.
   "Uhh... I was."
   "What is the answer then?" I looked over to the board and squinted at the equation.
    "She is so dumb." Someone said and others snickered. I'm very sure I didn't hallucinate the teacher's smirk.
   "X equals 9." I answered. I'm also sure I didn't hallucinate when I saw the smirk wipe off his face.
   "Sit down!" He bellowed.
What's wrong with these people? Why can't they all leave me alone?
"The next time you don't pay attention, you will be meeting the principal. Am I clear?"
"Crystal clear." I murmured, sitting down. Class went on as though the teacher didn't just try to embarrass me.
      I have always been a strong person. Just because I shout and yell at Colum when he peeves me doesn't mean I'm made of stone. I have feelings as well. I'm just a sixteen year old. I can't be going through all this in my second week of being here. Why is life so hard? What's so different about me? Is it because I'm black or African? My skin color should not be seen as a weapon. This school is full of racists. Each and every one of them are racist. From this teacher to the brunette, even that other black girl.
   A lone tear fell down my cheek and I lowered my head. I look tough. I have heard that my whole life. Back in Nigeria, people always ask me if I want to join the army because of my physique. There's a difference between acting tough and being tough. I'm tough, but majority of the time, I act tough. Just to prevent myself from getting hurt. This continent records a lot of suicide cases. When I watch the movies and the kids are always crying after being bullied, I see it as they are cry babies. Now, I understand. I just wanna go back home, back to my continent, back to my country, back to my people, back to my family, back to Mandy.
      After school, I sped out of the building and jumped into the bus with Chinelo. My mom told us to start taking the bus from now on. Thankfully, Chinelo sat with Mizpah so she didn't see me sad. When we reached home, I went straight to the bathroom and stood underneath the shower for a  very long time. Mom doesn't come home early so I cooked dinner, ate, and went straight to bed.
           I have given up!

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢she is very sad. She can't take it anymore😣 She is giving up. Truly, this is how some people feel. This is how bullied kids feel. #StopBulling
#StopRacism

Glossary:
Gave it to her: simply means scolded her or retaliated back at her.

Waakye: it's a Ghanaian delicacy. It awesome🥴
  Peace✌🏽flowersandbooks16