Chapter 2

Elliot started after he slide down beside Katy. Excitement filled his eyes when he said "Katy Casey did you guys hear about the party yet? "
"Party? You guys have party all the time. What's new about that?" Katy asked while she continued to finish her food.
Elliot sighed and replied "Yes that's true but you guys never attend those parties so you don't know that they are limited to few people like mostly only the seniors, that is our batch. But this one tonight is hosted by Jordan Miller! Can you believe it? Jordan hosted a party at his house and has invited all of the seniors and juniors of JH. Anyone can be a part of it... well everyone except the teachers of course"

"What has gotten into that guy" Casey asked curiously "Isn't he being a little too considerate". Listening to Casey criticizing Jordan Katy couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at her. Casey visibly blushed at Katy's questioning glare but she quickly turned away to look at Elliot with a 'I don't care' look.

Katy chuckled and went back to eating after confirming that Casey was only putting up a front. She may look like she didn't care but deep inside she was dancing because she has known Jordan for a very long time and by long it meant almost seven years when his family moved to her neighbourhood when they were ten. They were very good friends who went to same school and was the best buddies until his family moved away when he entered High school and his father's business started expanding.

Even though they were not neighbours anymore they maintained a friendly relationship. And Casey Hunter here has a huge crush on him since they were kids. Well a crush was just a crush. Casey always believed that she never stood a chance because compared Jordan's looks there are a lot of better girls who would suit him more than her - is what Casey believes. Although Katy always convinced her that she was the beautiful both inside and outside. Casey did not want to ruin her current relationship she had with Jordan just because of a childish crush. So she always kept her feelings for Jordan at back of her mind.

"Well he said that it was because it was their last year in JH and wanted to have memories with everyone here" Elliot replied nodding his head as if agreeing with Jordan's decision.
Katy's jaw dropped open "Are you kidding me !" She exclaimed shocking Elliot "The school year just started last week and he already wants to throw a party and sound it like we are gonna graduate tomorrow" Katy's eyebrows furrowed as a thought hit her "Are you sure he is not doing this to boost his own popularity? "
"What? No!" Elliot screamed a little louder than necessary which caught the attention of the entire cafeteria.
Elliot realising his mistake sat back down, lowered his voice and said "Everyone is busy during the last months of the year preparing for the exams. Forget about us third years even the first year juniors won't make it"

Casey giggled "Are you sure about that because I remember one of you having a party BETWEEN the final exams last year"
Elliot was silent for awhile; immersed in thought before answering "Oh that was Nick who threw that party" he continued to explain " Ha! that was some party" he replied with a sarcastic smile.
"Why? What happened?"
"He is just a party freak who attends most of the parties thrown. During the finals last year so as to calm down his nerve- so he says" Elliot rolled his eyes " He threw one when his dad was hospitalised due to an accident. I heard that his parents found out about his partying habit and caught him red handed partying instead of studying. They got so angry that they grounded him for the entire summer holidays without any electronics" Elliot replied as he laughed at Nick's misfortune "I don't even know how that guy managed to survive the entire two month inside his room without phone or television. I mean come on who could do that"
"No kidding" Katy replied as she shuddered at the thought. She could not even survive a day without her phone let alone a whole month.

"So now that Jordan wants everyone to come are you going or not" Elliot asked looking at Katy and Casey straight into their eyes.
"Well since the great Jordan has generously allowed us non-populars to go to his party we might as well show him some face. Right Casey" Katy replied as she looked at Casey and winked "let's go and steal some food. At least his food must be good"

Casey laughed and said "Yea why not. Let's go and see what his dining table has to offer us"
Elliot laughed along with Casey and replied "It's gonna be totally worth it. I mean it's not everyday Jordan throws a party at his house. I heard that Ryan and his friends are gonna be there too after all he is pretty close with Jordan"
"That means Jesse is gonna be there too" Katy said with a disgusted look.
"Well it can't be helped" Elliot chuckled "I'll see you guys tonight"
"Yea" Katy and Casey waved at him when left the table just as the bell rang indicating the beginning afternoon classes.

Rest of the day went without much trouble: no yelling no sleeping and moreover no extra detention.
When it was almost time for detention. Katy waved Casey goodbye and started towards the detention room. Once inside, the room was empty and it looked like she was the first one there. Katy took a seat closer to the window through which cold wind started to blow making her feel calm and at peace which ultimately left her sleeping.. again.

After a few moments she was woken up by the feeling of being shaken by someone. She opened her eyes and looked up at the voice that was disrupting her sleep only to find a pair of striking blue eyes staring back at her. She was stunned by the sudden change in scenery. Those eyes were so bewitching like vacuum that could pull anyone in and make them forget all about their surrounding. It captures the eyes of the person in its clutches making them want stare into that unknown and examine every part of it. Her thoughts were interrupted when a hand was waved over her eyes snapping her back to reality. She then looked down to examine his face, his perfect jawline, smooth pink lips and his faultless smooth white skin and that's when realisation hit her. The person in front of her was none other than the famous Ryan Anderson. She groaned as she thought: What are the chances that Ryan Anderson ended up with a detention along with me? Of all the days he messed up he had to do it today.

Now Jesse's army will be haunting her until she gets tired of Katy. And the thought alone made her frown. Katy was so lost in her thoughts that she completely forgot about the person standing before her.