2

A week later, Zhuo Cheng returned. Yibo who came to check everyday became happy, but disappointed when he didn't see Xiao Zhan.

"Where is he?" Yibo glared at Zhuo Cheng. Zhuo Cheng went up to him and punched him hard. Xuan Lu gasped "A Cheng! What are you doing?"

"Jie! You know what this bastard did? Did you know how Zhan looked when I went to see him?! Jie! He was covered in bruises and blood and cum! He was lying lifelessly on the bed!

Jie, he doesn't have to say anything and I know that is not him! He was locked up there! He asked me to save him! Save him!" Zhuo Cheng shouted.

Xuan Lu was in tears while Yibo was shocked. Xiao Zhan asked someone to save him? Why? Weren't they happy? Weren't they the perfect family?

"Liar! What did you do to Zhan?! You drove off the cliff, did you want the two of you to die together?! Where are you keeping him?!" Yibo got angry.

Zhuo Cheng scoffed "Get out of this house! You have no right to be here! Xiao Zhan told me to tell you to treat him as he is dead!"

Yibo's eyes widened in shock and Zhuo Cheng scoffed again when he saw Yibo's expression "The moment I saw him I knew he was dying inside everyday.

You claim to love him and swore to us to protect and love him. But what did you do?" Zhuo Cheng turned around to return to his room when Yibo knelt on the floor.

"Why? I did love him. I did protect him from the outside world. When did I break my promise?! When did I not give him a happy family?!" Yibo shouted as he cried.

Xiao Zhan asked him to treat him as he is dead? Yibo can't do that. His Xiao Zhan cannot die. They still have many years to spend together.

Zhuo Cheng turned sharply. "Then tell me how you treat him! When did you give him a happy family?!"

Yibo's eyes widened as he tried explaining himself "I hit him when he does something wrong and after that I pamper and love him so much! I do it better than anyone else can!"

Xuan Lu covered her mouth in disbelief. Zhuo Cheng slammed the table "You do it better than anyone else can? You're proud of this?!"

Yibo frowned "Of course! It's only natural!" Zhuo Cheng punched Yibo again. He was about to punch a few more times but a tall figure hugged him.

Zhuo Cheng frowned and looked and Xuan Lu, knowing she most likely was the one who called him here "Jie, why is he here?"

The man turned Zhuo Cheng around. "I missed you. I was so worried when I heard the news. Couldn't you have called me to let me know you were safe?"

Yibo frowned "Who is he?" The man looked at Yibo and smiled "I am Hai Kuan, Zhuo Cheng's boyfriend"

Yibo frowned. "Well Hai Kuan, Zhuo Cheng has been seeing my husband and they even tried to elope together! Why aren't you teaching him a lesson?"

Hai Kuan tried calming Zhuo Cheng down and turned to Yibo "Yibo, what is the life of a happy family to you?"

"Isn't that obvious? The husband comes home to his wife everyday. If the wife did something wrong, the husband should punish, hit and scold the wife.

And after that, he should buy good things to pamper his wife. This way the wife will learn the lesson and not repeat the mistake"

Xuan Lu sat on a chair before she faints while Zhuo Cheng paced around since his boyfriend did not let him punch Yibo.

"What makes you think that is the life of a happy family?" Hai Kuan asked and Yibo frowned "Where is Xiao Zhan? Why are you asking such obvious questions?! My father always told me this is how to have a happy family!"

Hai Kuan stepped aside "Your father is wrong. You can leave and wait for Xiao Zhan to come back or you can come to me. We can teach you how a happy family is like"

Yibo scoffed and was about to leave when Hai Kuan said "If you think carefully, you will come back here. We will help you to give Xiao Zhan the happy life he wants. We will wait for you here!"

Yibo then left and Zhuo Cheng sighed "Kuan Ge, what are you doing? Why are you asking him to come back? He should stay far away from Zhan!"

Hai Kuan shook his head "He most likely grew up in an abusive father household. Hence he learned it wrong. Give him a chance if he comes back himself"

Zhuo Cheng was still unconvinced when Hai Kuan smiled and hugged him. "My Cheng, I was so worried for you. I missed you the whole week"

Zhuo Cheng rolled his eyes and hissed "Stop... Jie is still here..." Hai Kuan moved aside with a smile "She went to her room already"

Hai Kuan then pulled Zhuo Cheng to his room "Let this doctor give you a full body check up now!"

Zhuo Cheng blushed and smacked him "Why would a psychiatrist give a full body check up!"

"You know what I am talking about" Hai Kuan winked and Zhuo Cheng blushed. They had a loving few hours before they gathered with Yanli.

Zhuo Cheng told them where Xiao Zhan is and how he is doing. Xiao Zhan was still weak and bruised but he left for Chong Qing to recover and start over.

A few days later, a drunk and wasted Yibo appeared at their doorstep in the middle of the night, crying and begging them to give him Zhan.

Yibo made a promise he will do whatever as long as he know how Xiao Zhan is doing and he will make an effort in learning what a happy family is.

And so, Yibo started staying with them. Zhuo Cheng was angry but Hai Kuan convinced him to give Yibo a chance.

They taught Yibo how a family is like and on the weekends, Yibo made the effort to learn from others. There wasn't any perfect families, but Yibo learned that he was never supposed to hit or beat Xiao Zhan.

He learned that there shouldn't be any violence in the family. He also realised how he had been caging Xiao Zhan and being so possessive that he became paranoid.

A year later, Xuan Lu got married to Cao YuChen. Yibo was even more nervous than both of them, knowing that he would finally get to see Xiao Zhan.

Xiao Zhan came to the wedding with someone. Someone familiar. It was Peng ChuYue, the doctor who treated Xiao Zhan.

Yibo frowned immediately, hating the way they are close to each other, talking and smiling to each other.

Yibo clenched his fist and went out to breathe in some fresh air. 'Calm down Yibo, violence is not the way. You have learned how a family is. It's loving. You have learned how you should treat Xiao Zhan'

"Ahhh!" Yibo shouted. He wants to hug Xiao Zhan so badly, kiss him, tell him how much he misses him and tell him to never leave him again.

Yibo turned around and saw Xiao Zhan walking in his direction, his eyes widening and slightly trembling when he looked up and saw Yibo.

'Pathetic' Yibo scolded himself 'The person you love the most who you promised to pamper and love looks at you as if you are a monster. Wang Yibo, you're pathetic'

"Zhan Zhan" Yibo called out softly, cursing himself when he saw Xiao Zhan flinched when Yibo took a step forward.

"Zhan Zhan, please hear me out?" Yibo asked with an arm stretched out. Xiao Zhan looked unsure.

He loves Yibo so much. But the beatings, the cycle of getting hurt then pampered, his freedom being taken away. Xiao Zhan would rather live without that toxic love, even if it feels empty.

Yibo was about to take a step further when they were interrupted. ChuYue came to tell Xiao Zhan that they could go see Xuan Lu now.

Yibo watched as Xiao Zhan stared at him for a few moments more before turning and heading in to see his sister.

Yibo turned around to take a few more deep breaths 'Take it slow. Take it slow. Don't scare Zhan Zhan even more.'