Chapter 23: Later

-

It was about six in the afternoon when I felt movement in bed. My eyes fluttered open.

"Wow, you look even better in the daylight" Steve said. I blushed uncontrollably.

We layed there face to face. He wrapped his leg around my hip, letting it rest on my leg as he wrapped his hand around my back. Running his fingers up and down across my bare back. My arm rested on top of his as I traced circles on his shoulder blades. Ever so often, he'd kiss my lips and whisper 'I love you'.

"Ti amo.." I whispered softly as I admired his eyes. I never thought I would ever say these things to someone. Let alone someone who loves me back. He stared back at me and slowly smiled.

"Say something else in Italian." He softly whispered as he played with my hair.

"Sono attratta da te. Sei la mia nima gemella, volvió passare il resto della mia vita con te. Ho un debole per te. Nei tuoi occhi c'è il cielo. Potrei guardarti tutto il giorno. Sono dipendente dei tuoi baci. Sono innamorata di te." I said as my finger slowly traced his jawline.

He stared at me. "What does that mean?" He smirked.

I smirked as well. "I'm attracted to you. You are my soulmate, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I'm weak for you. Heaven is in your eyes, I could look at you all day.  I am addicted to your kisses. I'm in love with you." I softly spoke.

He stared at me, lust in his eyes as he looked down at me and kissed me.

After awhile we pulled away. "We should get up, Soda and Meredith could be coming back at any minute." I said as I admired him. Steve nodded and pecked my forehead. I sat up in bed.

"Nice tattoo." Steve said. Referring to the small butterfly I had tattooed on the left side of my torso, right under my chest. I wore some shorts and Steve handed me his shirt.

"Wow, you look even better in that than I do." Steve said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and embraced me in a kiss. We heard a honk outside. We pulled away and headed out. Meredith and soda were outside, holding some bags of clothes and food.

"Took y'all long enough. I'm starving." I said as I helped with the bags. We headed inside and ate food. I walked out into the garage. I headed back out holding a volleyball. "Y'all wanna play a game?" I asked everyone nodded and we went outside.

"Steve's on my team" I smiled. Meredith and Soda got on the other side of the field. I hit the ball over the other side on the net, and Meredith hit it back.

-
We continued playing a couple of minutes more. We were tied and this was the final game. I hit the ball over once again, Sodapop hitting it back, and in a moment I thought we would lose, but Steve hit the ball over the net, making us win.  We both cheered. I went up to Steve and jumped in his arms, and he pulled me into a kiss.  We heard slight gasps.

He set me down on the ground as his lips left mine.

We looked at Sodapop and Meredith and they were both smiling. We all headed inside and decided to watch tv. We changed into comfy clothes and I put the bed sheets in the washer. "El, Sleeping Beauty is on" Meredith called out.

I headed into the living room and cuddled close to Steve. He wrapped a blanket around us and we layed on the couch. Watching as the Disney movie played, songs coming on. Steve kissed my lips ever so often, whispering "ti amo" occasionally, since it was one of the few words he knew in Italian. I didn't want this weekend to end. This weekend was just the beginning of our romance.