|| Chapter 44 ||

Uneasy.

It was very uneasy.

Yoongi was walking towards his house with Jimin and Jungkook. Oh yeah, and the three armed guards standing behind them.

Honestly, he wasn't sure if taking Jungkook to his house was a good idea. After all, he didn't know how his dad would react at all. Would he be volatile? Angry? Silent? He could only guess.

They reached the point where their paths had to split, and Yoongi gave Jimin a nervous farewell.

Step after step he could feel his nerves growing; Jungkook noticed.

"Hyung, are you scared?"

"...yeah." Jungkook waited for an elaboration, but didn't get one.

And just like that they were at Yoongi's front door. Jungkook knocked for him, since he didn't seem to want to, and the guards left once he did so.

It opened.

"Yoongi! You're...back." He seemed surprised, but changed his tone.  "Come in then."

The two entered and took off their shoes, and the whole time his dad's eyes didn't leave Jungkook. The younger boy looked up.

"Thank you for having me sir. My name is Jungkook."

"I know who you are." It wasn't particularly scornful, but still made his hair stand on end. Jungkook did feel like he recognised the man's face vaguely from all those years ago. Worn by age, but still the same man.

Once Yoongi was done, they followed him into the living room and sat down. Jungkook couldn't help but let his eyes wander around, from the furniture to the pictures on the wall to Yoongi's unsteady gaze.

His father sighed. "Well, aren't you going to say anything?"

"What do you want me to say? I'm sorry? I won't do it again?"

"I just want to know why."

"You know why. You knew as well as everyone else in this town that he was locked up down there." He gestured to Jungkook. "But you didn't do anything. Someone had to."

The man's eyes lingered on Jungkook for a second. There was a hint of regret in them.

"You're right. But Yoongi, you know how dangerous it is. You put yourself and your friends in danger."

Yoongi wanted to speak up, but his father signalled for him to wait. "I understand why you did what you did. You're not stupid and I'm not going to treat you like a child. But you have to understand that if I did what you did I would be risking not only my own life but yours too, and other people would be risking their families. You have to understand that." He smiled to Jungkook. "No offense. But sometimes people have to be selfish and protect themselves."

Yoongi mulled it over. He understood, he did. But he didn't have much to lose like his dad did - except now Jungkook - and a lot to gain, although he didn't know it initially.

"Dad. I got my memories back."

The man's eyes went wide. But it seemed like deep down he was prepared for this conversation. Yoongi continued.

"Why didn't you tell me what happened?"

"I thought it would be best if you didn't remember. You were still young, it was a lot."

"What about mom? You didn't want me to remember her? What happened to her?"

Silence.

"I don't know, honestly. She was involved in something dangerous, you know that. I tried to talk her out of it but it didn't work. At that time, after what happened, I had to prioritize your safety. I didn't want you to be caught up in revolution like your mom was. That's why I brought you here."  He chuckled dryly. "Didn't really work though did it? You're just like her."

Quiet again.

"I should apologise. I planned on telling you someday...but you found your own path." He stood up at this point and walked over to them. "Yoongi, can you forgive me?"

After a brief pause, he gave an affirmative nod. "I can try."

His dad knelt down and hugged him close. "I'm glad you're safe son."

Yoongi hugged him back. He was relieved. He expected anger. But he understood his father's motives better now.

"I should apologise to you too Jungkook. After being such a good friend to Yoongi I should've treated you like my own son and fought for you too. I'm glad you're doing okay." He ruffled his hair, and Jungkook smiled thankfully. "So, what do you kids want for dinner?"

"So you're telling me Jimin yelled? At you? I can't imagine it."

"He really did!" Jungkook emphasized. "He really made Yoongi-hyung nervous, you should've seen his face!" His dad chuckled from across the dinner table.

Yoongi frowned. Yeah, bringing Jungkook here was a great idea. Thanks for the suggestion, Hoseok.

"Jimin is the most gentle kid I've ever met, you must've really annoyed him. How is he doing?"

"About as well as the rest of us." Yoongi replied. "But I think he's a little more independent these days. He's really reliable."

"I'm glad to hear that. His parents were worried sick while you were gone. We all were. But you're here now and that's what matters." He glanced up at the clock. "I won't keep you since it's late, you haven't been home in a while, so I'll let you chill."

They headed upstairs to Yoongi's room, a relief to him after the hours of Jungkook basically exposing him to his dad, and both of them telling him about the details of their trip.

He immediately flopped down onto his bed with a long sigh. Glad to be back, but still on edge. He wondered how Namjoon was doing. Tomorrow his first mission was to find out.

"You have a nice room." Jungkook remarked. "Your dad is nice too. And your food. I'm surprised how easily you gave it all up."

Yoongi nodded as Jungkook sat down on the bed next to him. "Of course I've missed all of this, but it was worth it. It was messy, but there were some fun times right? We got to meet some nice people. And now you can be here with me."

They shared a smile.

Suddenly, something knocked on the window, making Yoongi jump. When he saw what it was, he let out a sigh and walked over, opening the window.

"Jimin what are you doing here?" He looked down and saw that Jimin was standing on the ladder his father left in the garden. The pink haired boy grinned.

"Let's not pretend you didn't just jump out of your skin. Jungkook can back me up." The youngest chuckled.

"Haha real funny. But really, what's up?"

Jimin lifted up his hand and shook the bottle of alcohol he was holding with a suggestive look. "What do you say?"

"Really?"

"Come ooon," he dragged out, "you act like we've never done this before."

"Let's do it hyung!" Jungkook suggested enthusiastically. The kid had never had much fun in his life, Yoongi didn't want to take the chance away from him.

He sighed. "Fine, climb down, we're coming."

A/N bad boy Jimin 👀 but we forgive you <3

How's everyone doing? Online learning is :") but I think pretty much everyone's on summer break now except for the UK, we can't win. Anyway, next chapter on the way! I'm so bad at estimating but there'll probably be about 50 total