A little bit of history

Welcome to Beyond the Dimensions!

I wanted to thank you for giving this story a chance. It was written quite a while ago, and so it's not some of my best work. But I do hope to re-write this trilogy at some point So thank you for reading!

Best wishes and happy reading!

The fae are ancient and beautiful creatures. They have been on this planet before humans...well when I say this planet I don't mean this planet. It is very complicated and very complex, this order has been around for thousands of years and only the wisest of people know about it. to put it short, alternate dimensions. It does not seem like such a complex idea but when it is reality it can get rather complex and messy.

There was a time where there was only one dimension, this was a very peaceful time where humans and fae lived in harmony. The fae were considered the wisest of all creatures and were looked up to. The fae ruled the humans with pride and respect. There was no hunger, no hate, no discrimination and no sadness. This was what the myths called the light ages. Though that came to a sad end.

Just like humans did, the fae evolved. Not all of them , but a portion of them started to develop new powers. It is those fae who thought that they should treat humans like slaves . They should be the sole rulers of the world. They were even more powerful than the fae with no special abilities, not all of them thought this way but those exceptions couldn't stop what happened. The conflict got so bad , so many humans and fae were killed.

A very kind and old fae was tired of the conflict. With each human or innocent fae killed he became more and more determined to stop the dreadful acts that were happening around him. Therefore, he created the different dimensions. He had done several years of research into the evolution of the fae and the creation of what is now known as the dark fae. He knew that the fae had something that the dark fae were lacking. Though they could both control light, the dark fae had lost their abilities to create . They could rule and control but the fae had the ability to create and bring forth new ideas and creatures.

Though it came with great sacrifice. As the gates between our dimension and the new dimension closed the old fae took so much of his own energy that he turned to stone. The power still ran through the veins of the rock, it is this which continues to keep the fae and the dark fae in the other dimension. Though this saved humanity, it didn't do much to help the fae .

For years the conflict raged on between the fae and the dark fae. Though the dark fae could control the fae just kept creating more and more armies and weapons. So many that the dark fae soon grew outnumbered and they started to lose their power of control. The fae have their own limits. Due to this the dark fae fled to a deep forest . Those who were considered weak because they did not wish to rule over the humans got outcasted . Some were taken in by the fae out of sympathy and others were treated worse than dirt.

The fae then lived on somewhat peacefully, they travelled between the dimensions making sure that the humans were happy and living peaceful lives. They would occasionally be attacked by a dark fae but that was easily handled. They were ruled by their own queen and king and all was normal. Their technology was advanced in comparison to humans and some even came to help the humans evolve.

These events became stories, the stories became legend and legend became myth. All but the chosen few had forgotten about the fae. Parents began to tell stories of very small humanoid creatures who cared for nothing but to play tricks on humans and they were ridiculed in fiction. Though there were a few humans who continued to tell the stories of the fae and their respect and love for humankind ...some of them loved humankind so much that they decided to stay with them forever.