chapter 36

Chapter 36

The two boys who were working their way around the mansion were not being very observant of anything. Their minds were focused on two things, Laylian and Kelso. Of course they were on guard they were looking around the corners carefully and they were still holding hands. They didn't get to see the letter that Kelso saw , they didn't see a trace of her.

Though just because they didn't see a trace of Kelso, they could not miss the scream that erupted from Kelso's throat as she ran out of the bathroom and straight into a chest.

This chest turned out to be Sylvester, Kelso wasted no time in grabbing his hand and pulling him along, hoping to find another exit door so that they could get out of there or find Laylian. Kelso had hoped that the mirror was disfiguring the face that she had seen though she highly doubted it. The mirror that she was looking in wasn't spotless but it was very clear.

The face that she saw was humanoid, it was without a doubt a human like face. The jaw was strong, the iris' of the eyes were bright purple and the whites of the eyes was actually black. There were shadows consuming the person, well it seemed like there was as they lingered in the shadows smirking maliciously. The hair which Kelso could see was white and it was almost as pale as the person's face.

"Kels-"Sylvester tried to say as he was being pulled very roughly down the hallway, he could feel the energies that are in the house a lot more now that he had more contact with humans. Dark fae get their powers from humans and energies, therefore as he was touched by Kelso his mind seemed to go on overdrive. He was dragging Tyrell behind them , though he quickly made it so that both of the humans were in front of him.

The feeling that came from the room that Kelso had came out of was dark, cold and dark. It was the feeling of losing a friend or family member, it was the feeling of rejection, it was the feeling of ultimate sadness. It was the feeling of losing your favourite child hood toy or being shunned by your best friend, it was the feeling of being bullied or hurt. It was simple darkness. Sylvester couldn't really detect another life form in the room either, which was rather odd.

The three of them could feel a dark vibration come from that room as they ran around the corner, Sylvester actually taking the lead not long after as eh ran towards a room. A room with no other door, one window and many many people inside. Though they were focused on the persona t the centre of the room, Laylian.

Since Sylvester was very much distracted by the presence he had felt in the bathroom he didn't really react as quick as he usually would . Kelso had ran over to Laylian who was laying down on the floor, she didn't seem to be conscious, she seemed almost dead on the floor as the human approached.

Though Sylvester hesitated and it took him a while to realize who was in front of him he did manage to snap out of it relatively quickly. Sylvester was quick to join the group int eh middle of the room, still being wary of the other people or fae surrounding them. Everyone in the room seemed to be drained, either unconscious or lacking the energy to do anything. It made Sylvester's heart hurt with sympathy and sadness.

The four friends were now trapped in the room, since the dark presence was behind them from where the bathroom . If the thing were to have followed them then they would be completely trapped. There was no other way out of the spherical room. Though the main priority was to make sure that Laylian was okay.

"dove? Can you hear me? Laylian!" Kelso almost whimpered out as she tried to take in every inch of Laylian's face and check quickly to see if she was hurt. There wasn't really much damage done to Laylian physically, she was exhausted and had a scrape or two but other then that she seemed like she was sleeping.

"silver.." Tyrell trailed off as he turned around once he saw that Laylian was okay. His concern was now on ther pursuer, which wasn't really confirmed as a pursuer since all he knew was that kelso bolted out of the bathroom. It was easy for the human to feel the darkness coming from the bathroom however, just as it surrounded the house.

Felling the darkness in the house was like coming inside a warm house in winter. You could feel the heat everywhere but it got warmer as you got closer to the source. Just like how the sadness, hate, fear and all the negative emotions were piled in the house though was strongest in that room. Tyrell could feel it coming closer and closer to them as they panicked.

There was more and more effort to make Laylian come to consciousness as the darkness started to seep through the corridor, going at an agonisingly slow pace , almost as if taunting the people in the room. With a swift look around at the other people that were trapped in the room it was extremely clear that they were in a heck of a lot of trouble if they didn't get out.

Sylvester started to hyperventilate slightly as he begged for Laylian to wake up. Even though he was a dark fae and the darkness was giving him an incredible amount of power, he didn't know how to use the power that he had. There was a plethora of thoughts and ideas going through the heads of the three friends. Ways to escape and possible explanations as to why and what happened here.

"hmm....well you've made this rather easy for me..." A deep voice came from the doorway as shadows seemed to create their own figure, dancing and flickering in the little light that was in the room. "you've backed yourself into a dead end, how lovely."