0.8

Madeline's POV

I laughed as Grayson and I stepped out of our Uber in front of the dealership.

"You were right. This place is nice." Grayson said as we walked up to the front door.

"Only the best for daddy's girl," I said as he opened the front door for me. "Thank you, kind sir."

I walked up to the front desk where a lady was sitting.

"Can I help you, folks?" She asked as she looked up at me.

"Hi, my name is Madeline Carpenter. I'm here on behalf of my father, Michael Carpenter, to pick up a car." I said as I acted all proper.

"Who was your salesman?" She asked as she typed on her computer.

"Steve I think," I told her and she nodded.

"He'll be up here in just a second." She spoke before she grabbed the phone on her desk.

She called Steve up to the front before looking at Grayson and me.

"Once upon a time, places like this were my stomping grounds," Grayson said as he looked around.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I looked up at him.

"I'll explain later." He said as I saw a salesman walking up to us.

"Ms.Carpenter?" He asked as he extended his hand to me.

"Yes, Steve correct?" I asked as I shook his hand.

"Yes ma'am, it's a pleasure to meet you." He smiled and I did too.

"Steve this is my friend Grayson Dolan," I said before they shook hands.

"Pleasure to meet you, son." He said to Grayson. "If you two will follow me, I believe your car is almost ready."

"Ms.Carpenter it was a pleasure doing business with your father. He knew exactly what he wanted and paid for the car in full." Steve spoke as we followed him through the dealership.

"That's usually how he does his business," I said and glanced over at Grayson.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but this car is for you correct?" Steve asked as he glanced back at me.

"Yes, I drove a Porsche Cayenne but it was totaled by my stepmother," I told him as we walked.

"This is a far cry from a Porsche," Steve said as he held a door open for us.

"Yes, but I've always wanted one," I told him as we stepped outside of the building.

"Well, I hope you enjoy it. They should be bringing it up any second now." He told me and I nodded.

We stood and waited in the heat for the car.

"This shirt is not forgiving when it comes to heat," Grayson said as he fanned himself.

"Neither is this dress." I sighed and started to fan my face.

We stood and waited for a car for a second before I saw it pulling up. I smiled as I looked at my new whip.

 I smiled as I looked at my new whip