Winter

I walk over to Icicle's cell, and slip in a polar bear through the bars. Icicle looked at him with a frosty glare. 

"How has life been for you, still prancing around with that lovesick SandWing and the cowardly NightWing?" She said, obviously talking about Qibli and Moon.

"No, you know I always come and visit you, everyday I am allowed." Winter said softly with longing in his eyes.

"Ah, yes, of course.  Maybe you wouldn't have to come to the prison If you didn't goddamned lose Hailstorm in the first place!" She said harshly.

Winter frowned, because she was right, and he curled his tail around him to hide the mix of emotions he was feeling. "You're right." He sighed

She looked at him fiercely, took a bite out of her polar bear, and then out of nowhere, her gaze softened. "You didn't let me finish. If  you didn't lose Hailstorm, I wouldn't be able to be mother and father's favorite for those long years, Queen Scarlet would still be alive, but more importantly, you and your wierd little gang wouldn't save all the Icewings and I'd be dead." 

"No, because then Peril wouldn't have burned the scroll-"

"Idiot, even I know that awkward NightWing was up to something. It wouldn't be weird if she was talking to a dangerous killer and tyrant from thousands of years ago. I literally heard her talking to someone in an empty cave Winter! Weird much? Plus, Queen Scarlet told me about the scroll. No one knows that she knows, except for me, so that is why your weird little SandWing friend didn't know what was up. Plus, I was able to research after class on the scroll, I put two and two together."

"So your saying Moon was going to find and use the scroll anyway!"

"Yup. Feel betrayed?"

"No, of course not!" Winter said sarcastically, "Everyone was mad at me since I was mad at Moon, and now I know Moon was going to risk literally all of Phyrria for that Old-assed, out-of-his-mind, heartless, animus stealing, father-killing, cold-blooded, imbecile!

"Well, at least he's gone, whatever they did." Icicle said shrugging.

"No way they'd be able to kill him, Qibli is smart, but not that smart. He'd probably let his insecurities get the best of him."

"Honestly! I don't know how some idiot dragons let depression, and insecurities, get in the way of their work. Like, at least my mental episode I had in the forest didn't stop me from finding Hailstorm " in a low voice she added, "that stupid tranquilizer dart did."

"Well, you were trying to murder their queen." He said, "I wish Scarlet didn't contact you of all dragons." 

"Winter, you don't know how much I just want to fly out of here and hunt with you and Hailstorm. But I can't, I can't!" She said banging her head into the think bars of ice. 

"Don't worry," Winter said touching his head with hers, "I'll wait for you, for all those 2 years. I'll do everything in my power to even reduce the time if I can."

Icicle stayed with him for a little more time and then spoke softly, but her usual snarky tone still there, "You know, despite being behind bars, I can tell you and Lynx would be good together. Everyone knows you've both had a crush on each other since you were dragonets. Don't deny it." 

"As if!" Winter said blush spreading across his face like a wild fire.

"Okay then, but just saying, she's not bad. I don't think mother would despise you much after that. And hey, Snowfall will be forced to like you." Icicle explained.

"You've got a point." Winter smirked, encouraging Icicles matchmaking attitude. "Well, if what you say is correct I'm gonna go on my first date if you don't mind." 

Icicle chuckled and said, "See, this is why I don't hate you. Now run along, first impressions are the most important."

"I've known her my whole life, I feel like we are already done with that stage." He said and both siblings for the first in a long time actually hugged.

Winter left the prison feeling awesome, which sounds wrong, but he just couldn't wait. For once, someone was waiting for him.