Chapter 3: I.S

I finish my yogurt and go to my room to start school. I reach for my glasses and start working when I get a notification on my hangouts.

" ***** ***: You're up early 😏 "
I laugh and feel my cheeks heat up.
"Ahh no!" I whisper to myself embarrassed

" May Bryant: umm well you left you house early so... I might as well study, huh? "

I type and push send then go back to classroom when another message comes in.

" ****** ***: haha lol ly😋 "

" May Bryant: Ugh I need to work... stop!"

I push send and wait to see if any more messages come in, but they stop. I sigh, take a deep breath and start working

              ~Time Lapse~

I finish up working and check the time... 1:30. I close my laptop and leave my room for lunch.

" Hey May," says mom kissing my forehead.
"Hi mom," I say giving her a hug. I go and sit on the living room couch.
"May!!"
I get a fright and jump to the couch
"Yes, mom..." I say stuttering
"Your friend wants to come over but she was here last night... Wasn't she!?" she looks at me, hands on her hips.
"Umm well. Yeah but I didn't know she was gonna come and it was 2 am mom." I say turning to the TV
"at 2 am!!" Mommy comes out of her sleep.
I laugh, nervously.

"I didn't know she was coming... Bailey woke me.

"Why didn't you say May!?" says mom her hand shaking as she pours oil in the pan.
"Mom I didn't know she was coming! She said it was cold so I let her stay till this morning... I didn't think much of it." I say turning back to her.

"May!" mom shouts and gives me a fright
"Hey, Reese! They're kids C'mon we did the same." says mommy looking at me.

"Ash, we're in a lockdown... During a pandemic! She can't do things like this that aren't planned." she says just before her body collapses. I jump up and catch her head before it hits the ground. I look up at mommy, she wipes the tears off my face and carries mom to their room.

I sit there on my knees tears roll down my cheeks and fall to my hands. My sister walks out of her room and sits in front of me wrapping her arms tightly around my body. She sings *Cavetown Talk To Me* as she rocks our bodies back and forth trying to calm me down. She gets to the end of the song and loosens the grip of my body.

She let's go of me and put her forehead on mine till our noses touch.
"Are you okay?" she asks holding my hands. I nod and let go of her hands, our foreheads and noses still touching.
"How did she know?" I ask frowning.
"I don't know... I cleaned up before they woke up, I don't know how she knew," she says looking me in the eyes. Then I know she's telling the truth. Whenever she lies she can't bear looking someone in the eyes. I take a deep breath and she sighs.