13. The plan

Emée's Point of View

I waited for a very long time in this uncomfortable position, hands behind my back and being forced to kneel on the floor. I would never show this much cruelty to an animal but I knew Alexandre wanted to wear me down, push me to the edge until he got what he wanted.

During those probably hours - I still didn't have a clock - I thought about why everything happened this way with Léni. I knew he was intelligent, he told me about his suspicions on Queen Bali. We had spent so much time together, there was no way he would believe this masquerade of a wedding.

Then why didn't he do anything? King Rédi was there, the guardian of justice himself, it seemed to me there was no better moment than this one.

Alexandre was way too good at this, he had made sure to install doubt in his mind by kidnapping me without a word, to Léni I had left without looking back.

Minute after minute, hour after hour the diner went on and on, Léni was probably building anger against me while I was attached to a bed.

Suddenly, I heard someone at the door, the person behind it seemed to have trouble with the lock. Was it him? Did Léni come back?

The door finally opened after a few seconds, revealing the person behind it. All my hopes were crushed when I saw Alexandre.

His behavior was curious however. He had trouble walking, his gestures were imprecise and he didn't greet me in his usual cocky way. It was as if he had forgotten about me.

He closed the door, forgetting to lock it, and threw the keys on the bed. He turned his head towards me and huffed, annoyed by my presence. I didn't dare to say anything until he did, he was obviously intoxicated by alcohol and I knew it would make him more unpredictable.

"I forgot I had such a sweet creature in my bed. Or should I say by my bed." He snickered.

"Come on, we're gonna do something fun." The fear instantly made it hard for me to breathe. This man was keeping me in a constant state of dread because I never knew what would be coming next.

He unlocked my ankle and pulled my arms so I would stand up. I stumbled a bit from keeping the same position for hours but he was not in a better state. He shook his head and put his hand in his pocket, probably to look for the other key for the handcuffs.

My hands were shaking, he took the key, still making imprecise movements and managed to unlock the cuffs.

He took my wrists in his hands.

"Now you look perfect, let's go."

"Where are we going?" I dared to ask. But unusually, he didn't get mad.

"To the balcony." He simply answered.

Alexandre opened the double glass doors, harshly pulling on the metallic handles with delicate ornaments. He pushed my by my shoulders and stood behind me, blocking me against the white railing.

"Is that what you wanted to show me?" I asked hesitantly. I could still feel him wobbling behind me but still holding me tight enough so I wouldn't move. I wouldn't have anyways, he was much taller and stronger than i was, unfortunately.

"Look at the view, my sweet." Alexandre said, rubbing my arms. Disgusting.

He gestured with his hand the view of the demon territory. We could even see the forest of the Alderia stretching out in the distance.

I had never realized how beautiful the demon territory was, I had never gotten the chance to visit it.

The buildings were all colorful from the roofs to the walls going without forgetting the edges of the windows. It was like seeing a painter's palette or the trees in autumn. Random made it beautiful.