Chapter 11: A Different Kind of Battle

A referee walked up to Satoshi and said that he needed to come to the field to announce his decision on who he would battle. As Satoshi walked out to the field, the crowd was roaring, Satoshi stepped onto a podium, and motioned for everyone to quiet down. "After much deliberation, I have decided to do something a little bit unorthodox. I have decided that I will take on both Alain and Tobias, in a double battle."

The crowd was completely silent. "Is that even allowed?!" someone shouted. "I looked over the rule book, and it said nothing against it," Satoshi responded. Satoshi then left the stadium, with the crowd talking amongst themselves. The next day, Satoshi was holding 2 Pokeballs, ready for his double battle. He began to walk out to the battlefield, where Tobias and Alain were waiting. As Satoshi stepped out into the sunlight, the crowd was going wild, not able to wait to see a divergence from the standard single battles. Tobias and Alain were waiting on the other side of the field. Alain sent out his Charizard, and Tobias sent out his Darkrai. Satoshi then sent out Latias and Greninja, his 2 aces. "These 2 are my strongest Pokemon, so be warned."

"Darkrai, use Dark Void." "Latias, Dragon Pulse." "Charizard, Dragon Claw." "Greninja, use Cut." The attacks collided, all canceling each other out. "Greninja use Water Shuriken." "Darkrai, Use Ice Beam." The Water Shuriken froze, but it continued on its path. The Water Shuriken Collided with Darkrai, causing major damage. "Charizard, use Blast Burn." Charizard bunched the ground, sending underground flames towards Greninja. "Greninja, dodge." Greninja jumped to the side. "This might be a real challenge," Satoshi said, as he reached for the brim of his hat. "Latias, Mega Evolve!" Latias began to change and became covered in bright light. When the light faded, Mega Latias emerged. "Charizard, Mega evolve." Charizard then Mega Evolved into Mega Charizard X. "Greninja, stronger together." Greninja became covered in a veil of water. When the veil disappeared, Ash-Greninja appeared, with a big Water Shuriken on his back. "Ash?" Alain asked surprised. "Ash? If it is him, we're in trouble." Tobias said. "You know him?" "Yes. He was the first person to ever defeat my Darkrai." "He was the person closest to ever beat me, other than you." "Well then. We're toast."

"Greninja, use Water Shuriken. Latias, use Dragon Pulse on the Water Shuriken." Greninja took a shuriken off it's back and threw it. Latias aimed a beam of pure Draconic energy at the Shuriken, creating a watery dragon shuriken of death. The shuriken collided with Charizard, dealing super effective damage in 2 type categories. Charizard tried to stand up, but when it got to its knees, it fell to the ground, fainted. "Charizard, no!" Alain shouted. "Darkrai, quick, use Dark Void." "Latias, use Psychic to send it back." Latias' eyes turned blue, and the Dark Void stopped, then made a U-turn, and hit Darkrai. "Darkrai, no!" "Greninja, use Water Shuriken! Latias, use Psychic and give that Water Shuriken a boost." Greninja grabbed a Water Shuriken off of it's back and threw as hard as it could. Latias used its psychic powers to control the Water Shuriken and sped it up. When they collided, steam covered everything, blocking everyone's view. Once the steam cleared, "Darkrai is unable to battle, so Satoshi is the Champion!" The crowd erupted with roars. Satoshi walked out, and Alain and Tobias ran after him.

Satoshi entered a room, and let Alain and Tobias in. Before they could say anything, Satoshi raised up a hand, signaling them to be quiet. He said, "I assume that you know who I am by now, and must be pretty surprised." They didn't respond. After a minute or two of silence, they said in unison, "You are supposed to be dead! Where have you been these past three years?" "On Mt. Silver. Training. Did you hear what my 'friends' did to me?" (Yes he did use air quotes.) They both shook their heads. Satoshi turned around and began to explain what the traitors did to him. Obviously, they were both against the idea of making him quit. They separated, and Satoshi could not wait for tomorrow to come.

A/N  sorry for taking so long to update, I honestly completely forgot this story existed. Anyways,  I'll see you in the next chapter.