Author's Note

Update: January 10th, 2015
Hey guys! As you may have noticed, I took down the first chapter. This is only temporary! I was not pleased with the way it was written, especially the end of the chapter. It was sudden and although I really enjoyed writing Sandy giving Gally the old one two and putting him in his place, it was too soon!

So I'll be spending the next little while fixing the first chapter up, as well as getting the rest of the second chapter ready. It's already started but is on hold until I can get chapter 1 written in a way that I think is suitable to be published!

***

Welcome to the The Life Chaser, which is a pre-The Maze Runner fan fiction. I was inspired to write this story while watching The Maze Runner while in the car, driving to Ottawa to visit my family for Christmas.

This particular story is about Gally, whose character I adore. For those of you who can't quite remember who that is, please refer to the picture to your right (web browser) or to the first page of this blurb (mobile user). He's the badass guy that keeps non-runners from entering the Maze. As most of you know, it is quite the dangerous place.

Anyway, as most of you will know Gally is pretty quick to jump the gun and assume things without looking at the entire picture. He follows very closely to the rules and isn't afraid to speak his mind. Gally is not very trusting, not very open, and I have a feeling there's a reason, or reasons, as to why that is. That being said, I'm stepping out of my comfort zone in regards to how I usually write.

I write mushy love stories and though this story is in some form of romance, it's a tragic one. Death maybe? Blah blah blah. Also a slow brewing story, which I am NOT used to writing and will take some time to get chapters our. I will be reading the book to get more information that the movie couldn't give (thank my sister for the book and for making me interested in the movie or else this 'masterpiece' would not have been concieved).

So let me explain a little about what will happen in the story without giving too much away. The story takes place a year and a half after Alfy is sent to the Glade. Gally was originally a runner-- Minho's second in command, if you will. He was one of the very few to willingly want to go into the Maze. After the events of The Life Chaser Gally becomes but a guardian of the gate, and for a good reason. Something that has permanently scarred him for life. He is scared to go back into the Maze, and that's all I can say for now.

Next you'll say, "But Elise, there's never once been a girl before Teresa!" Yeah, but this is a fan fiction and there will be. The reason why they don't mention her is because it hurts Gally too much to remember her. For his sake, they keep silent.

I think that's all I can really cover without giving too much away... If you have questions, please feel free to ask. The first chapter should be released between December 31st 2014 and January 6th 2015. It all depends of what I get done.

Here's to new beginnings, risk takings and an adventure we can all take together.

Always Sincerely Yours,
Elise.