6. Station 7

I suddenly reached for my phone opening the video from two days ago. There was Lee Jason walking up and down the beach with his cardboard sign. I freaking paused on a close up of his face. That cross tattoo, that stubborn dark eyes drawing me in again. Like in front of his house, in that police station.

What was he doing now? What about Ellie? Was Ellie safe?

I left around the building using a secret passage down the balcony to reach the big car park. My Space Beyond was still there and fortunately there was no Lucas around. I just sent him a message knowing he will be freaking out from worry, but that tingles of curiosity and excitement, that freaking signs I was finally alive were back, so I took the car, pressed flight mode then shoot into the sky towards Staton 7 or the queen ship, how people used to call it, the main satellite containing all the computers for operation 'Outer Space'.

Lucas could be happy he wasn't here with me, the way he hated flying. It took a little longer till I managed to land in the dock as there was a heavy wind from the ocean side up here. The safety signals were burning for a few minutes until they faded giving me a sign to leave the cockpit. The corridor was long, the gravity slowly letting go here, so moving forward was difficult. I managed to reach the main room where thousands of screens were buzzing with information from all over the world.

"Long time no see." Muttered Mark turning in his chair, he had been tight to a by safety belts.

Mark was a genius, to be honest I have scouted him from university where he was was working on a PhD degree being barely 13. Mark was that definition of nerd, his taste for clothing or wearing completely unnecessary accessories like bucket heads or leopard print spectacle frames were whole attention catchers. Of course two not matching socks were necessary, as wearing paired ones could only mean bad luck. That brilliant mind of Mark was combining with most ridiculous superstitions in a way that could become a whole research study. It was fascinating in a way as much as it was funny.

"What foot have you put on board first?" Mark shoot me a serious glance.

"Does it matter?"

"Freaking yes. I don't want howling destruction to break out here at midnight."

What is a howling destruction, I was even afraid to ask.

"Right foot, yes it was definitely the right foot." I sighed approaching his pulpit.

"You're lucky it wasn't the left." Mark eyed me up completely seriously while I had problems in keeping a straight face.

"Anyway. Can you find someone?" I concentrated on the screens when he zoomed in all city cameras.

"Any details."

"His name is Lee Jason."

"That man who was protesting in The Lagoon!" Asked Mark stunned. "I mean it's probably the first time in your life when someone has dared to be against you."

"Ok, ok, just find him." I shivered.

That man has really challenged me and now all of them were waiting for my move, for me to crush him into pieces, destroy him like a piece of dust he was, compared to my power. Yet I have let him out of jail... for Ellie.

The screens began to jump madly soon one widened taking over the whole wall.

There was Jason in front of some closed shoe shop in Zone 5, leaned against an old type of a Harley motorbike. A man smoking a cigarette was speaking to him eagerly.

"Can we listen in?"

"We can do freaking anything." Mark winked.

"...can not raise attention again! We need to stay invisible! To stay in the business you must remain a ghost!" The man was speaking in a juicy way his face a grimace of fury.

"I get it." Muttered Jason.

"You can't just go out there and bother Ju Jaemin! Do you know who Ju Jaemin is?"

"Yes I know." Jason closed his fists.

"Good. So that's your last chance." The man made a gesture of a sliced throat.

Jason just nodded reaching his hand out for a huge package of drugs the man handed over quickly. He hid it in the inside pocket of the leather jacket.

"That bike is yours for three nights to deliver the ware. Then it goes back with the money. See you on Friday."

Almost like a shadow the man disappeared between the buildings dissolving into darkness. Jason was standing there with his head low considering something.

I suddenly wished to find out what's up with Ellie. Was she asleep? Was she crying again waiting for dad to come back? Was that big black cat keeping an eye on her?

Still I decided against it. It was Jason's little secret and I wanted it to stay that way, the less people knew about Ellie's existence the better, I had that strange feeling. I wasn't afraid of putting my left foot first onto the platform or the howling destruction whatever it was, but I was afraid some harm might happen to Jason's daughter. How ridiculous it sounded Ellie was like a Blue Bird.

"I'll be going. How do you stand that lack of gravity." I tapped Mark's shoulder.

"There are stronger things then gravity, like our will to fly. Besides you know gravity is my least favorite thing." Mark grinned confidently.

I suddenly remembered the day when he had reached his new workplace in that satellite ship. The pure tears of happiness that has stormed down his cheeks as for the first times he had found a place perfect for him. Mark's body was special in a way, it was becoming weak and ill on gravity. Up here he was more than fine enjoyed that almost lightless state. Me on the other side hated wlightlessness for life. Now I just took one careless step that turned into leap and me landing flat against a wall.

"Remember to put the right foot into Space Beyond first!" Shouted Mark behind me.

"I know don't worry." I finally found a way to reach the door.

"And watch out for black cats, if any crosses your path change the route."

"I know."

Mark was really special.

"One more thing. Should I keep an eye on that Lee Jason guy?"

"No, don't bother." I waved my hand as if it wasn't important, as if I haven't made that long way up here just to see him.

Lee Jason owned a black cat, so maybe back in his house I should have remembered all superstitions and changed the way.

Thank you so much for your support. What do you think about Jaemin going to see what Jason is doing? Did you like Mark's character?

Much <3