15

"Charot"

Agad ko namang bawi sakanya, shit Sev ang banatol mo.

"Do you really mean that?"

Napalingon naman ako only to meet Laurent's face an inch away from mine's. I looked the other way, gosh it's awkward.

"Oo nga"

"Sige nga look at my eyes then sabihin mo charot" he held my chin making me look at his direction at inilapit naman niya mukha niya. I looked in his eyes just to say 'charot'. Loko rin 'tong is Laurent eh noh?

"Charot" I said it with so much confidence. I stood there meeting his gaze and stared at his doe eyes that were full of galaxies. He held my chin and kissed the side of my lips, teasing me. I froze in shock.

"Charot din" before he wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I hit his chest with a fist.

"Hoy! Bawal 'yon Mr. Cruz!" I shouted

"Ouch naman Ms. Torres, it hurts. Kiss nga." He pouted like he was asking for a kiss and closed his eyes while he leaned to bring his face close to my smaller figure.

"Aray!" hinampas ko ang lips niya

"Charot part two. Stop it na ha" I pointed at him like I was threatening him to stop the war.

"okay okay" He wrapped his arms around me. We just walked to the hotel since it was close lang naman. I changed into my navy blue pj's while Laurent changed to his gray sweatpants and a white shirt.

"Let's play." Aya ko kay Laurent. I got my phone.

"Before that, let's take a look muna sa NMAT results" He took the NMAT na?

"You took the NMAT na pala?"

"Yeah, 2 days after my graduation."

"Wow" I stood there while looking in his phone. I was shook when he pulled me and made me sit in his lap.

"Ikaw magcheck" he gave me his phone and I scrolled to find his name. 'Cruz, Jan Laurent A.' I pressed and his grades made me so proud. It was so high!

"Here" I gave him his phone. He sighed looking relieved. He also told me to open his email since nakareceive daw say ng email from the school where he took an entrance exam.

"Dear Mr. Cruz" I started and I felt his grip tightened around my waist

"We are happy to tell you that you are accepted." I continued

"Yes!" He hugged me so tight.

"Congrats, babe. You're so close to your dream already." I kissed his forehead before hugging him.

"Thanks babe" After that we played ML. Nabored na kami eh and slept after. It was already our flight.

"Babe, tagal mo. Let's go na."

"Ito na!" I took my bag and pulled my small luggage with me before death glaring at Laurent.

"Haha! You look so cute. Let me help you with that." He took the luggage away from my grip

"Aba! Dapat lang." I flipped my hair before walking ahead of him. Agad agad lang naman kaming nakarating sa airport. While they were checking the plane, I received a text from mom.

Mom
Hi Severyse, I know your in Bohol. But please come back home asap. I love you

Severyse
What's with the sudden rush, mom? Did something happen?

Mom
The results are here. We need to talk about this.

Severyse
What results?

Mom
MRI

Severyse
Huh?

Mom
Basta just come here asap.

Severyse
uh okay?

"Sev! Come na! The airplane is ready." Ahquila called me. I realized I was just staring at the floor.

"Oh okay!" I took my bag and ran to the airplane. I was just quiet and staring while putting my headphones and seatbelt on. I knew this time would come. Mom has been suffering from chest pain that resulted to this. I was nervous. 

"Hey, babe" Laurent called me. Agad naman akong lumingon. 

"Yes?"

"Is something wrong? You're quiet" He held my hand and caressed the back of it.

"N-nothing. Pwede mo ba akong ihatid mamaya sa bahay?" I smiled to assure him that I was okay but I am not. It was the only thing I can do. Fooling myself.

"Yeah sure. Samahan pa kita?"

"Uh no need. Family matters eh sorry" I smiled at him

"No no, its okay." I stared at the window while he just held my hand from taxiing to landing.

"Mauna na kami bro. Thank you for the trip." Nagpaalam naman na kami sa kanila before leaving. 

"So, where's your house?" He asked me. I gave him the address at agad naman niyang nakuha 'yon. 

"Call me, if you're done na ha. I'll fetch you." 

"Okay, ingat sa pagdradrive." I kissed his cheek before leaving.

"Mom, I'm home na" I shouted while taking my shoes off at agad naman akong inasikaso ng mga helpers namin.

"No no it's fine. Is Kuya home?" 

"Paparating pa raw po Ma'am" Ate Desi replied respectfully.

"I'm home" I heard a man said. Si Kuya Shaun. He is already preparing for board exams.

"Hi kuya!" I hugged him. We had a strong bond. He always took care of me when we were younger lalo na if I get sad pag iniiwan kami nila mom and dad when they go to medical missions or overseas.

"Ma'am sa office raw po ni Sir maguusap." Ate Desi mentioned.

"Okay po, let's go Talie." Inakbayan naman ako ni kuya papunta sa taas. It was a nickname that no one knew except for my family.

"Sit down" Dad said seriously. I sat beside mom and kuya sat in front of mom. Agad ko namang hinawakan ang kamay ni Mommy and kuya did the same. We were all scared, even dad who's opening the envelope.

"What is it, Hon?" My mom said with tears in her eyes. Dad just stared at the results. 

"Dad, what is it?" Kuya asked

"What is it Maximo?!" Galit na, na sabi ni mom. She was crying. I held her back at pinaupo ulit siya. 

"Calm down, mom" I was also shaking but I have to be strong for mom.

"Coronary Artery Disease" My dad stuttered and started crying, we all did. It was painful. I don't want my mom to suffer from so much pain. I'm sure they have a plan.

"Let's go to the States to get you treated." Dad said. Sabay naman kaming napalingon ni Kuya Shaun.

"Sama kami?" Kuya bravely asked.

"Yes, I'll tell your dean that you will just take your 4th year in the States." Dad addressed that to me. 

"Also you have a boyfriend diba?

Break up with him as soon as possible. I'm booking the flight and that would be next week."

________________________________________________________________________________

hello, I'll be inactive for the next few days since school's gonna start so soon, but I'll still try to update though it would be less faster. Thanks for the support:>

-A