chapter 1

caught in the rain

(bold means that they are speaking korean)

the classroom was pretty noisy because it was free time so everyone got to talk to their friends. i wasn't one of the people talking though, i was just staring at the window watching it start to rain outside. all the talking was blocked out of my head until i heard a sudden bell ring. i got up out of my seat and started to pack up my things. i swung my backpack on my back and headed out of the classroom.

i walked outside seeing that it was still raining. i quickly looked through my backpack but i couldn't find my umbrella. "guessing i didn't bring one today" i sighed a looked up at the cloudy sky. i didn't get wet because part of the roof was covering my head.

i felt someone bump into my shoulder and i looked over at them. "oh sorry for that, i wasn't watching where i was going" the other male said to me. i could sorta recognize him because he was pretty popular around school. "it's okay don't worry" i put a soft smile on my face. the other took out his umbrella and looked over at me "why are you just standing here anyways?" he said curiously "oh uh well you see i forgot that it was going to rain today so i didn't bring an umbrella" i said shyly because i never knew a popular person would even acknowledge my existence. the male smiled at me and handed me his umbrella. "here take mine, i don't really need it anyways because my car is just right there"  i grabbed the umbrella and his smile became a bit bigger "thank you by the way. i'll give you back your umbrella tomorrow" he shook his head when i completed my sentence "you can keep it, i have plenty at home" i nodded and he soon walked away to his car.

i opened up the umbrella and started to head to one of the bus stops. i don't have a car at the moment so i just take the bus. the bus soon arrived and i got on. i sat at the seat in the back right next to the window. i looked outside and started to draw on the window with my fingers.

the bus as finally arrived at my stop. i grabbed my backpack and umbrella and walked off the bus. in front of the bus stop there is a huge building for a very rich company, almost the richest company in korea. i saw a car pull over in front of it, the car looked familiar to me but i don't know where. i soon saw a tall figure get out of the car and it was the male i talked to earlier. "he must work there. wait but they never let minors work at that place unless if it's CEO's son or daughter so that must mean" my eyes widened at the thought of it "i feel embarrassed i should've been more professional in front of him but i was just a hot mess" i whispered to myself and started to head home.

when i made it home i didn't see my parents which wasn't a surprise. my parents mostly weren't home because they went on business trips a lot. i put down my backpack and headed to the kitchen. i took out piece of bread and put butter on it. i wasn't in the mood to put the bread in the toaster right now. i looked over at the kitchen knife i use the most and grabbed it. "i should sharpen this knife because i think i might need it soon"