Dreams Mean Nothing

Jacob's raspy voice was full of promise as he spoke of Ivy being captured outside of an outpost she'd recently taken over with The Whitetails, sounding slightly irritated but he had Ivy, safe, at the centre and bound to stop any more escape attempts, it was regrettable that is what had to be, but the woman was clearly against joining their family, despite it being shown to him. He would speak with her once more, hopefully, if he could tell her what he'd seen in his vision, how important she was, she could understand her true reason for being in Hope County. He probably had come on too strong when they had first spoken, giving her too much information than was humanly possible to comprehend in her time with him, but he could make her see, he would make her see. He would love her and prove that loyalty to him would be rewarded with salvation, protection from the impending cleansing on the earth. The beauty of the new Eden they would all build together. It was going to be perfect and her being a part of his family would only serve to make it better. Joseph wondered if Jacob was treating her with care, he'd informed his older brother of her fate, surely he would keep her safe if that was necessary. She was certainly less likely to escape Jacob. John had let his confidence, his pride take over, therefore allowing Ivy to flee from them, from her destiny. Joseph fell asleep quickly after finishing his radio call, Ivy's safe return to the Veterans Centre with only minor injuries was reassuring. He fell into his slumber while carefully choosing what he would say to the girl once they were together again.

It was warm. The sun beating down on his face was calming. Squinting and casting his gaze on two figures, his older and younger brother coming into focus. John and Jacob had their backs to him, they were stood only inches apart, Joseph realised he was seated, a few feet behind them, he tried to move but his body refused to cooperate. He looked back to his brothers, this time they were facing each other, but there was an addition. The red-haired girl, the saviour from his dreams was stood between them. She glanced down at Joseph, rooted on the soft ground. Her eyes burned into his as she leant forward and pressed her lips to John's, greedily forcing kisses into his open mouth before reaching an arm behind her and pulling Jacob closer behind her, his mouth latching onto her neck as she kept her eyes fixed on Joseph. A devilish smile fell over her lips as John and Jacob both worked on kissing and biting into her neck. She reached a hand to Joseph, who desperately reached for her outstretched arm, he wanted her too, needed her. Desperation and lust forcing themselves into his very soul as kept his attempts to grasp her waiting hand. Their fingertips brushed and she closed her eyes, clearly enjoying the ministrations of his brothers. Hands finally entwined enough to pull him closer to her, he felt her yank him in her direction. After what felt like an eternity, he would get to touch her skin, kiss her lips and...

Gasping awake, Joseph resisted the urge to vomit, ashamed of his hardened cock, bought upon by the hazy figure of Ivy, the promise of getting to touch her. That dream was not from God, surely? That was a nightmare that must have been of his own making. Why on earth would his head come up with something so cruel, so unnecessary? He didn't think of Ivy like that... Did he? She was beautiful, of course, he would be a fool not to notice, a long-forgotten pang of envy washed over him as he replayed the sight of her between his brothers, tasting her skin, her lips. He growled in frustration, Lust and Envy were very destructive sins and he refused to let her presence in his subconscious lead him to them. No... he couldn't... she was the sister of the man destroying everything he had built, not to mention probably more than twenty years his junior. No, he refused to see Ivy as anything more than a follower, maybe a friend later in life after the voices prophecy had come to fruition. Willing his erection away and resisting the temptation to take care of it himself, he managed to force himself to calm down, replying the nightmarish collapse he had seen in dreams to placate his traitorous body. He prayed for hours after, seeking an answer to a question he couldn't bring himself to ask.