The Arival

I arived in New York 3 minutes to 4am, I rested my car in a parking garage and fell asleep there until 7, I then got up and walked to a near coffee shop. I smiled in relief when I saw a Brooklyn Bagels, except this time I wasn't driving to the city for an hour to get my favorite coffee, I was actually in Brooklyn, and here to stay. I ran to the door in my heels, nearly falling in my place.

"Eager to get in?" Chuckled a boy sitting by the window.

I turned to look at him, he raised his eyebrows and shrugged, with a sly smile.

"A bit, yeah," I breathed out in a small whisper.

"Is there a reason you're so quiet?" He charmed.

I shrugged and walked to the counter to order.

"Can I get a carmel macchiato latte, triple expresso," I said to the lady working, she nodded and went to the back to make it.

While I waited I decided to sit down, I chose the corner seat, as I always do.

"Ma'am, your order is ready." The woman called out.

I walked up to grab my coffee, i paid and went to go sit back down.

"A girl like you shouldn't be alone in New York like that," The boy said as I passed his table.

"Who says I'm alone?" I turned to him, smiling defeatly.

"Well, are you?" He asked taking a sip of his sweet tea, not losing eye-contact with me.

"Yes," I replied quietly.

"See, you are alone," he smirked.

"Good job, but what's your point?" I said to him, turning around smoothly on my heel and sitting down at my corner table, grabbing my book out of my purse.

I was into reading "Looking For Alaska" when I decided to look up, the boy was sitting across from me smiling.

"Can I help you?" I snapped, quite harshly.

"Yes," He replied not moving an inch.

"Well then, enlighten me, how may I help you?" I asked with a sarcastic tone.

"I need help with a question, I don't understand the answer to," He was calm, a lot unlike I was.

"So you know the answer? You just don't understand it?" I said, reassuring thats what he wanted.

"No. I would like to know the answer," he simply stated.

"What's your question? I probably don't have the answer," I whispered the last part in annoyance.

"Okay, so I've been searching New York this whole year, for something beautiful, it's a big city, wouldn't you think there would be something beautiful? Well there isn't actually, I had thought that until today, when I saw you, you're like a rare flower, so beautiful and peaceful, surrounded by much of your kind, in a large feild, but why you stand out I do not know the answer to, please, answer this question for me; why is beauty only in you?" He stated it all like he has been practicing saying it for years. He confused me.

"Well I-I don't understand," I quickly replied to him in complete confusion.

"Oh, darling, but you do understand what I said," he had a begging tone in his voice as he looked at me bluntly,

nothing in his eyes. No fear, no regret, or sadness, no happiness, it was just plain.

I gave him a questioning look and he smiled, his mystery gave me a pit in my stomach, the kind that hurts but feels good.

"What's your name?" I spoke after the 5 minute stare we gave.

He smiled, "Sebastian," his tone was very friendly now, unlike minutes before.

I nodded picking up my book,
"What about you love?" He half smiled.

"Reece," I whispered like a prayer, I'm not sure why, but I am intimidated by him.

"Beautiful name for a much beautiful girl," he smiled, got up, and left.