28: What If?

HENRY informs Victoria about the run-in with Kevin. She instructs him to come back to the apartment because of an unexpected visitor who popped up on the doorstep after he and Lillian left.

He rushes inside the bar to get to Damien who was close to passing out. Kevin had stabbed the innocent soul in his abdomen on their way here to Boston because of how adamant Damien was to give up Brena's location to Kevin.

Damien is losing a lot of blood and is in need of medical attention.

"Woah, woah. I got you." Henry says while holding onto Damien who almost falls to the ground.

Damien lifts up his sweater to show Henry where the deep cut is. His eyelids became heavier as he struggled to keep them open. Henry attempts to carry him up by throwing Damien's right hand over his shoulders. He lifts him up with all his strength and manages to get him up to his feet.

The people seated next to them began to look at them with an awkward grimace on their faces. Henry chuckles nervously. "Someone had way too much to drink." He says to the curious bunch while exiting the crowded premises.

He drags him out of the bar safely and heads to his car. Once they cross the street to the next block, Henry puts him inside the back seat and jogs to the driver's side before making his way directly to Victoria's apartment.

Henry drove with a sense of urgency cutting the journey short. That will also lead to the amount of tickets he would have to pay back the city. The parking space he left almost two hours ago was still vacant. It was 5:45 am in the morning so the vicinity was excessively silent.

He texts Victoria that they're outside and instructs her to have the door open so he and Damien wouldn't have to stand in front of the door for too long.

Opening the car door, Henry shivers due to the cold weather. Early mornings always meant cooler breeze and during the winter it's brutally cold.

Getting Damien out of the car was slightly easier this time. Matching his pace, they finally get to the elevator and step in slowly as they go up to the second floor. When they got to the door, Victoria was there waiting to usher them inside. They enter and head inside to the bedroom. She had everything laid out on the dresser to help Damien.

Henry lays Damien flat on the bed in the room where Lillian occupied. As he does so, he's startled by the deep, authoritative voice that speaks out behind him, causing his hairs to stand up.

"Bring his head up a little bit more."

Steven Jones, Brena's biological father and former husband of Linda James, advises Henry while leaning against the door with his hands folded on top of each other. Henry knew that voice very well. He met Steven before when Katerina introduced all three of them, the day she confessed to Victoria how she really got a hold of baby Brena whose actual name is Leyla.

"Yes sir." Henry replies to Steven.

Steven is 6'0 tall with well-defined muscles. His muscular features caused people to be intimidated by him. He's round-shouldered with a deep rich dark skin. Despite keeping a bald haircut, he also kept his white beards full but not overly groomed. His beards managed to spread out like a hand fan.

He has dark eyebrow hairs and round-shaped dark brown eyes with a Nubian shaped nose. He has a permanent wrinkle line on his forehead. Although his ears stuck out, it was undeniable that he is truly a desirable man.