「 chapter two」

"Come back, safely alright?" Kushina smirked, hugging her husband and patting Izuna on the head under her husband's arm.

Izuna scowled. "Alright. Don't worry too much."

"Ehhh? You sound like Kakashi-kun now," she pouted, poking the boys cheek. She grinned nonetheless. "Get back safely. Who's gonna compete with me becoming Hokage if you don't come back?"

Izuna blinked. "Yeah, yeah I get it." He shoved her hand away. "Of course I'll come back. I'm an Uchiha, after all." 

"Uchiha's and their pride..." Minato muttered under his breath. "Anyway, we should get going now, Kushina. We'll see you later alright?"

"Okay! Good luck guys!"

"Bye, Kushina-chan! We'll see you soon!" Rin cried after, waving her hand.

Kakashi nodded before turning away to follow Minato.

It had been a week after Izuna had traveled to the future. He had quickly adapted to the ways of the people in the future, although it was all a bit weird. No one seemed to really suspect him of doing anything, besides his Sensei and the Hokage. 

Izuna grimaced in embarrassment as he remembered the events that transpired a few days ago.

-flashback-

"Obito, we - or, mostly Danzo-" the Hokage turned to the man beside him in slight displeasure. "have reason to believe that you..." he sighed. "you're a spy."

"Huh," Izuna grunted. It was hard to take these people seriously, considering that he had been alive since they were children. "Why would you believe that?"

"Your-" The Hokage started, but was quickly cut off by Danzo.

"Minato-san has reported a drastic change in your behavior. A couple of days ago, you were bright and happy. Now look at you. You're constantly on edge like something will attack you."

Izuna sighed. He couldn't exactly tell them that he was Madara's younger brother who was reborn into the body of this twelve-year-old kid...

Izuna fixed his gaze with the two in the room and held out his wrist. "Here."

"What-"

"Test my blood. I can assure you I'm the same person." he flicked open his weapon pouch and twirled a kunai on his pointer finger. "Actually..." he tossed the kunai up and swiftly caught the handle. With a sly grin, he placed the blade on his wrist. "Do you need a sample?"

The Hokage coughed. "There's no need to go that far, Obito. In fact..." he glanced at Danzo. "I doubt that you're actually a spy."

"What?! Hokage-sama, his behavior-"

"Has changed, yes, I know. I'm sure there's a good explanation for it." He looked pointedly at Obito, signaling him to elaborate

"I realized that I won't be able to accomplish what I want if I continue to goof off," Izuna explained. "That's why I decided to become more...serious, if you say."

"There we go," the Hokage sighed. "I'm sorry for calling you here so early, Obito. You're dismissed."

"Uh? Hokage-sama-!" Danzo's sputtering was cut off by Izuna slamming the door shut behind him. 

-flashback end-

"...What about you Obito?" 

"Huh?" his attention turned back to the people in front of him.

"Did you bring a present for Kakashi-kun? We told you about him-" Rin started.

"He probably didn't. He always forgets everything, which isn't a good feature for being a shinobi." Kakashi scowled.