Chapter 23

As Asahi enters the room he sees that you've turned on the small TV in the corner and put on some Disney movie that he didn't recognize at first. He wasn't sure what to do but you reached out your hand and pulled him down next to you to cuddle him. You snuggle into him from behind digging your face into his back and his hair as he sleeps with it down. You giggle as you start reciting the movie line by line starting when Mother Gothel starts talking about men,"Men with pointy teeth. And stop, no more..."

You kept going on and on reciting the lines and singing the songs which Asahi found adorable. At some point the two of you had switched positions so that you could see the movie better so Azumane was now the big spoon and was holding you close. Sometimes Asahi would sing the songs with you a little bit. You started falling asleep but then one of your favorite songs came up in the movie 'I see the light'. You turn around so you can face Asahi and start singing to him the Rapunzel parts and he sings the Flynn sections. 

As the song ends he pulls you into a tight hug, he wanted to kiss you but it just felt too soon. He kissed the top of your head and held you there. 

"Azumane, I love you" You say quietly not sure if he heard you, but Azumane blushes at the fact you're using his first name, he's also incredibly happy to hear that from you.

"Y/n I love you too" He tells you looking you in the eyes and kissing your forehead. The two of you continue to cuddle and you  end up falling asleep using Asahi's chest as a pillow. Asahi doesn't wish to wake you so he stays there and falls asleep where he is. 

When you wake up in the morning to see Asahi next to you, you blush but see that he's starting to wake up. You want to stay there but you have to get ready so you get up and grab your clothes to go get ready for school in the bathroom. Once you're done you go eat breakfast with your family and Asahi. Your parents telling you all about their travels recently, they were in the United States visiting Yellowstone national park. Your mom insisted on driving the three of you to school and none of you denied. 

When you all arrived the day went on as normal but today for lunch you sat outside and watched Hinata practice volleyball as you have been doing every other day. While he practices the two of you talk but a lot of it is just you talking and him listening. Today it's the other way around with Hinata talking and you listening.

"Y/n I'm not really sure what to do. I feel like I'm so far behind the others, but at the same time I want to improve so much. I'm not going to stop till I reach the top! The game with Aobajohsai High will be so much fun. We're going to win and I'm going to score the most points!" Hinata has a weird way of expressing his worries, to do so he tells himself everything he wants to hear. You listen to all of it as he continues on till the two of you have to go back to class.

After school you go to practice and walk home with Tanaka. You have dinner with your parents at Asahi's and text Asahi before bed. When you get up the next morning you get ready and eat breakfast. When you head out to school you see Asahi outside your house and he has a small boque of flowers that he gives to you.

"Y/n I wanted to surprise you so I brought you some flowers. They're Heather Lavender and Camellia flowers so they signifying  protection, indicate that wishes will come true and my destiny is in your hands. I want you to have them" You see the pink and white flowers. They're gorgeous and Asahi holding them is a beautiful sight on its own. You gladly accept the flowers and bring them inside putting them in a vase really quick and running back outside. That way you can put them in your room later on your desk. 

On the way to school you get to thank Asahi for the flowers as Noya walks ahead of the two of you. The two of you then talk casually until you make it to school and he walks you to class.

When the day finally got to practice the team was kind of stressed about the game against Aobajohsai high the next day. They did a practice game splitting into two teams of five because they were short two players for full teams. You take notes on the two and the strong points in combos. You can see that the quick with Hinata and Bakageyama was good but it could be better, you've seen what Hinata's capable of and know that he can do more.

After practice you decide to talk to Bakageyama about it, he doesn't talk to you much normally but the idea that it could be better gets shut down by him when you can't explain how. You just have the feeling it can be, you just don't know how to improve it more. You give up on reasoning with Bakageyama and decide to head home.

You were walking home alone again because you didn't want to bother anyone to walk with you. You didn't want to walk alone and walking around every corner was another terror the darker it got, but you started to distract yourself with trying to think of the flowers and where you would put them when you got home.

When you made it home safely you went to the kitchen to cut the flower stems and put the flowers back in the vase bringing it to your room. You decide to put it on your desk where you had planned this morning. You end up calling Asahi after you eat dinner but before getting ready to go to bed.