chapter one

*9 years ago*

I was looking around the candy store for anything that seemed to interest me which was basically anything although i couldn't really afford it. I looked over to a chocolate bar that looked amazing but i knew it was way too expensive for me. "What if i just.." i slowly took the bar and put it into my jacket. I looked over to the owner of the store and he couldn't care less about what i was doing so i grabbed a few more.

"What are you doing?" I was startled by a voice next to me that sounded more mischievous than my own although a bit older "Uhhh nothing." "It's ok i do it all the time these things are over priced for what." "Yeah i usually save for a while just for one piece" i giggled a little "Dally." the child put out their hand to mine which i assumed was for a handshake "Jackie." "Nice name." "Thanks." i smiled and he returned the favor back.

After that day dally and i did everything together, the usual stealing from the candy store, playing outside, getting yelled at by adults for causing trouble, everything.

One day dally came to me with a pretty risky idea but i was still in on it. "Ok so here's the plan, you go talk to the cashier and i go and get the toys from the back while you distract him." "No fair i want to get the toys!" "But you're a girl cashiers like girls" "Fine." Our plan was working until dally tried to walk out of the store with his jacket bulky full of toys. "Hey kid what are you doing?" "Uhhhhh nothing!" He started sprinting out of the small shop and i followed behind him quickly and we couldn't stop laughing. We had ran pretty far so the owner had given up by now. "That was hilarious did you see the look on his face!" "He was so mad!" we couldn't stop laughing and we split the toys and went home. On my way home i was thinking about how much fun we had today. "I hope we do something again just like this tomorrow" i smiled from the thought of talking to myself and continuing walking down the street to my apartment. Little did i know about what was going on at home for him or i would've been able to say goodbye the first time.

Authors note-
hii so as you can see i started a new story and i think i have a better storyline planned out for this one and i'm sorry for the short chapter but i promise the next one will be longer.
- @johnnybutt