Chapter 3- Duke Collins

Scarlett

"No, this isn't right Josie!" My golden haired aunt admonished her ten year older sister. "Don't you know how to pack?"

I chuckled as I stood on the doorway, enjoying my coffee over the sisterly banter.

"Yes, I do know Jo," My mom retorted. "That's why I don't end up with five bags for a week-long holiday!"

"Ouch," I giggled, unable to help myself and both the sisters turned to face me.

"There you are!" Aunt Jo sighed with relief. "Would you knock some sense into your mother, darling?"

I smiled and grimaced at the same time. Mom's bedroom was a mess. The wardrobe completely ransacked, shoes lying on the bed, accessories and stuff all around the floor. No wonder Mom was so stressed. She was a neat freak and my aunt Joelene like in every other matter was exactly opposite.

I stared at her and marveled at how fit she was. It was understandable though given she was a prime time anchor for BBC , petite, elegant and smoking hot. In her dolphin shorts and Super Girl graphic tee she looked anything but my aunt.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Ask your mother," She scowled, tossing her shiny blonde ponytail behind her back.

"She wants me to go shopping. Apparently, all these," She pointed towards the mess in her room. "Is not good enough,"

"Duh!" Jo rolled her eyes. "You don't have any beach wear here as far as I can see. And what's this Greta Garbo outfit huh?"

I spit out my coffee unable to control my hysterical laughter at that comment.

Oh damn! My aunt was savage!

"I am so sorry," I muttered, trying to keep a straight face. "Why don't you go shopping,Mom? How about a wardrobe makeover?"

"Not you too," Mom muttered, looking horrified. "Plus, we have a 7:30 flight and I haven't packed yet!"

"Oh, come on sissy!" Aunt Jo smiled, throwing her arm over mom's shoulder. "What am I here for. Leave it to me,"

"Fine," Mom rolled her eyes. "Let's go,"

"Okay great!" I exclaimed. "I am gonna leave now. Call me when you board...,"

"And call you when we reach there and keep calling you...yeah yeah...," My aunt smiled, giving me a hug.

"I was gonna say enjoy but yeah that works too," I laughed. "Enjoy yourselves. Send me pictures,"

"Just see how my Instagram's gonna shot up!" Aunt Jo grinned.

"Take care sweetheart," Mom said, ignoring her sister and hugging me. "Don't forget to eat please. And be safe,"

"Mom," I stared at her with my most serious expression. "I am a twenty five year old adult, okay? I will be fine. Stop worrying and remember the main aim of this trip...have fun, okay?"

"Okay," She smiled. "I will,"

"Great," I smiled. "Alright, see ya in a week's time!"

"See ya, munchkin!" Aunt Jo added and I rolled my eyes at her.

---------------------------------------------

"Mommy off to beach?" Josh asked,looking tired. He was going home from his night shift and if it wasn't for me he wouldn't wait another second in this hospital.