12 Rebecca

Terrible. Utterly disaster. This couldn't be happening. Or wanted I this all for myself to happen. Except for that girl. I really wanted to see him again. But I didn't know if I should had talked to him. His friends were around him and I felt so insecure to walk up to him and ask him if he would be interested in giving me his number. I couldn't do that. Even if I desperately wanted this. But how long did he know that I was walking there. And why couldn't he come to me and ask me. That made all no sense. And did he for sure recognise me or was I just a girl he saw and wanted to impress with his perfect look and smile. Because I couldn't tell, who that girl on that day on the escalator was. Girlfriend? Best friend? Friend with benefits? A just to hang around if he was bored? Whatever. I didn't know but after the look at the girl, I was a little bit on the tip of my temper. I wanted answers now, but I didn't have any of them.

My friends noticed my strange behaviour too. Mia was the first who asked me what was going on. They were all impressed that I found him again. Accidently, I had found him but anyway I saw him again. And the moment, when I saw him standing there next to the bus, surrounded by many other people, felt like as him and I were in a real cheap romance movie. Everyone disappeared and you only see him and his glorious presence. It seemed kind of at first that he was as much as me captivated in me as I was in him. Literally, his grey eyes were shining full of happiness and excitement to finally see me again. But sadly, as he turned his head away, all of it disappeared. He looked away and that frightened me because it was like he turned me down without words. However, the other days looked like I all misinterpreted it all. He was sometimes smiling at me, sometimes looking away as I had never existed. All emotion swirled around in my head because if he couldn't decide, what he finally wanted from me, I couldn't either. He made too many different signs.

At one time he was the best choice in my life. But with the other days at which he was so callous towards me, were holding me back from walking straight to him and asking after his number. I didn't want to get turned down from such a douche, which couldn't decide what he want from me. Every day the girls tried to encourage me to just do it. Whether or not, I will get dumped. But I heard what Max told me. I should wait till it feels right. And until now it simply didn't.

And this whole situation didn't get any better after he was showing off with this girl on the escalator. But watching me while this girl was clearly hypnotized by him and talked continuously. Never had I believed that I could have gotten so overwhelmed about a precious moment like this.

I would have thrown every single plan for today away, however, that wasn't possible. As the week started, Max and I went to Chris his house and got his car. In the back was the cause, why he got kidnapped in the first way. And today I needed to pay Chris old friend and accomplice a visit. Max wanted to accompany me, just to make sure that everything would go smoothly. I hate it when I have to ask for help but this situation wasn't safe for just Max and me. We would need help if we wanted to get Chris back in some time.

Max persisted of driving Chris' car. He didn't trust me enough. He meant that there was a reason why I hadn't had a licence yet. At first, I was pissed but on the other hand, I could Max easily gave the route, where we needed to head to. As we turned into a little street somewhere in the eleventh district, I quickly remember which of those houses the right was. Max stopped the car and we were, now in front of a nearly forfeited brown house with a white door, which had already bleached out. I knocked three times. Every time I had the slide feeling that the door would come down after every knock. As the door swung open, there stood a broad very muscular 1.82 metre black-haired guy. His stare would have even scared every spider from the doorframe away. Also, Max stepped aback when the man opened the door.

"Buonanotte, Severin!", I said to the man while I was looking directly in his brown eyes. "Still, want to sound like as we were in the mafia from Italy.", he answered with his deep voice. His emotionless face changed. Now he looked more amused by my attempt to speak Italian. "I mean, even one of us was down there. And you could at least be a little bit happy. I was learning for weeks now to understand the novels you gave me as a Christmas present.", I exclaimed. "That's really sweet princess. Come in, come in. Who is your friend here, who obviously lost his voice?"