chapter 4

*recap
When our lips parted for air Kageyama said the three words that I needed to hear the most. "I love you." Me and Kageyama stayed up cuddling until we fell asleep.
*recap over

Time skip to a few weeks later*
Hinata's pov*

Me and Kageyama were walking to school in a comfortable silence, both of us enjoying each other's company. It's been weeks since I started staying with Kageyama and all my bruises and scars had healed up so coach started letting me do more practice again. After me and Kageyama kissed that one time things pretty much went back to normal besides he might hold my hand on the way home or cuddled with me if we were watching a movie. I planned to make our relationship official tonight over dinner. I looked up at Kageyama to see him looking at me so I gave him a gentle smile and he started to blush and look away.

Kageyama's pov*

I looked down at Hinata because I found it weird that we were getting closer to the school and he still hasn't said anything yet, but he just looked at me and smiled. I don't understand that dumbass sometimes. He's so fucking adorable and it makes my blood boil whenever I think about what his uncle did to him. Me and Hinata weren't exactly dating, at least not yet, but we've gotten extremely close and the only reason I haven't asked him out yet is because I'm scared. I'm scared of what might happen if he leaves me or if his crazy ass uncle finds him. I know it's a selfish reason and I feel guilty about it but Hinata seems fine so that's all that matters.

Third person pov*

Kageyama and Hinata arrived at the school and raced to the gym perusal. Once they arrived it was a tie. "I guess I win again!" Hinata shouted while jumping up and down. "Dumbass! That was clearly a tie!" Kageyama yelled still trying to catch his breath. Kageyama pulled a ball out of his bag for him and Hinata to practice. Hinata was super excited like a little child and that caused Kageyama to chuckle. They practiced for about an hour before Tanaka showed up swinging the keys to the gym. "Oya our freaky duo. How's the bruises Hinata?" Tanaka asked walking past them to unlock the gym doors. "Their all gone! I'm as good as new!" Hinata replied jumping up and down. Tanaka laughed and opened the door letting the two first years in. They both rushed to get changed with the others showing up soon after.

Hinata's pov*

Practice was going smoothly and coach called for a water break then left for a smoke. I went to sit down on a beach next to Tsukishima. Kageyama walked over and sat on the other side of me. Tsukishima smirked and pushed up his glasses before walking off leaving me and Kageyama alone. I pulled my phone out of my bag to see an unread text messages from an unknown number. I opened it and it read:

Hay, I've missed you so much,

so I took it upon myself to find you.

See you later

Love Uncle'

I was frozen in fear and I could hear Kageyama asking what was wrong and shaking me but I couldn't move. Kageyama looked at the message and saying that he was pissed was an understatement. Just as he was about to reply he sent a file with a picture attached to it so he opened it.

I've found you

When I saw the picture I broke down at the realization that it was taken merely minutes ago after we pulled of another quick attack

When I saw the picture I broke down at the realization that it was taken merely minutes ago after we pulled of another quick attack. Kageyama puts my phone down gently so as to not break it then rushed outside the gym doors catching the attention of the rest of the team. Daichi runs after Kageyama and Sugawara rushed to my side trying to figure out what was wrong, I simply handed my phone to him unable to speak. His eyes filled with worry and he hugged me. I could hear Daichi trying to calm down Kageyama but it wasn't quite working. "That bastard still has to be around here somewhere!" Kageyama yelled. "Calm down you're not thinking rationally!" "I'm gonna kill that bastard for hurting Hinata!" Daichi and Kageyama went back and forth for awhile before Ashi went to help Daichi and bring Kageyama back in.

Third person pov*

When Coach Ukai came back into the gym he knew something was wrong and asked what was happening. Kageyama bursted through the door and started yelling. "That bastard was spying on Hinata! I swear-" Kageyama cut himself off realizing he wasn't helping. Suga handed Hinata's phone witch he was still holding to coach Ukai and he examined the phone. "It's blurred and at a straight angel witch means it was most likely taken from afar and zoomed in on. He was probably watching from the a tree or something. He's most likely not close anymore." Coach Ukai told the team witch makes some of them breathe easier. "But what about the message?! He said see you later!" What if he tries to hurt Hinata again!" Nishinoya asked half yelling in a panicked state. At that question Kageyama's head shot up with a worried expression. "Don't worry. He wouldn't so careless as to take him from school with all theses people around and if he tries anything after school there's stores and houses, plus if Hinata and Kageyama run he most likely wouldn't chase them." Coach Ukai told the team to calm down the rising panic. Everyone started to calm down before Tsukishima said something. "But don't you think he already considered those things? I might be over thinking but if he waited so long don't you think he has a plan?" Tsukishima said with a slightly pained expression on his face. Kageyama was about to yell at Tsukishima but the bell rang and no one had changed yet so they all rushed to change before running to their classes.

Hinata's pov*

I was sitting in my first period class clenching my phone in my hand and I couldn't shake an overwhelming feeling of dread. Could Tsukishima really be right. For once I wish he wasn't so damned smart. If what he said is true then what's going to happen to Kageyama? Will he get hurt because of me? How would I live with myself. The rest of my day was the same. I didn't pay attention in class because my mind was filled with horrible thoughts. I spent my lunch staring out of the window. I was confused and lost. When the bell from last period rung and it was time for afternoon practice I wished the school day was longer. As I headed to the gym I saw Kageyama. I waved and tried to put a smile on my face but it was impossible with all the thoughts in my head. When I caught up to Kageyama he stopped and hugged me. I froze for a second not knowing what was happening but soon hugged back. "I won't let anyone hurt you." Kageyama whispered into my ear with a shaky voice. I held back my tears as Kageyama pulled away. I didn't know what to do so I jumped up and kissed kageyama on the cheek. "Thank you." He looked surprised but followed me as I opened the doors of the gym.
Practice didn't go as good as this morning because everyone was trying to avoiding the huge elephant in the room but it was at the top of everyone's mind. No one brought anything up and practice was the quietest it's every been. By the end of practice it was still extremely quite. As me and Kageyama walked towards the door of the gym we didn't know how we should feel. We didn't know what was to happen but we plan to be just fine. I grabbed the door handle but was stopped by Nishinoya. "Look Hinata, if anything happens call me and I'll come running." Nishinoya said as he hugged me and started to cry. I hugged back tightly. I haven't seen him like this and it hurts. "I don't know what I would do if you got hurt. Your my friend." Nishinoya said after he calmed his breathing. "Kageyama, please keep him safe." Nishinoya said before leaving. Me and Kageyama left the school and started watching our surroundings closely. It was getting dark and I clung onto Kageyama's jacket. We kept walking being very couscous but once Kageyama's house was in view I took a sigh of relief and so did Kageyama. "Looks like he only sent that to mess with us." I said smiling up at Kageyama. Kageyama looked down at me a seemed more relaxed now that we were close to his house. I stopped and decided to ask him out. "Kageyama, will you go out-"

Kageyama's pov*

I was relived once my house was in sight. "Kageyama will you go out-" Hinata was about to ask me something before he was hit in the head with a shovel. "What the fu-" Was all I managed to say before blacking out.

_____________________________________
A/n:
Sorry I didn't update for so long. I don't really have a good excuse but here you go hope you enjoyed it. What the hell happened to Kageyama and Hinata? Hell, I don't even know I make it up as I go. See ya in the next update, whenever that is.