Why did the war happened?

Oto-sama and Oka-sama are still at the battlefield. It's been two weeks since they left me and Nii-san at home. Nii-san cries every night because he misses them so much and I have to confront him every time. But it's okay, I don't mind doing it at all because I truly love him so much. He's my best friend and he never leaves my side this whole time so, I will do anything for him.

"(y/n)... when will oto-sama (father) and oka-sama (mother) come back home. I miss them so much". Nii-san said and starts to cry again.

"I don't know Nii-san. Maybe anytime by now". I replied and smiled to him.

"You truly are the strong one, (y/n)". He said. I just smiled at him and pat his back.

Then, I told him to look at the pretty stars that were hanging on the sky from the window. They looked so strong and so calming at the same time. Nii-san seems to calm down a bit because he finally made his jokes now and laughed at his own silliness. I'm glad that he's okay now.

After about one our chatting and laughing together while the stars look after us, the room is now full of dead silent. I glanced beside me and I noticed that Nii-san is already asleep. I tip-toed out of the room and closed the door slowly behind me. I ran to the storage room and hurriedly take a few ninja gears with me. I ran to th front door, put on my shoes and open the door.

"I need to get oto-sama and oka-sama back". I whispered to myself.

With only the guidance from the moonlight, (y/n) run as fast as she can to the battlefield.

***

(y/n) arrived at the battlefield but she just peek her head out from a large boulder from the safe place to avoid any unwanted battle. Plus, she's not even a ninja to begin with.

(y/n) went up the nearby cliff to have a good look at the battlefield. Furthermore, it's safer there. She really hope that she can spot her parents from there.

On the cliff, she still can hear the sound of sword, kunai and shuriken clashing from the battle telling her that the battleground is still not safe for now. "So, the war is still on, huh". (y/n) said to herself.

After 20 minutes waiting on the cliff, finally no more clashing sound from the battlefield was heard. She looked at the condition of the battlefield. It was horrible. There were corpses everywhere, the ground seems bloody, and there were bloodied weapons scattered everywhere.

"Looks like the war is over, I guess".

(y/n) slide down the cliff as fast as she can and landed safely in the ground. She looked around to observe her surrounding. Suddenly, she heard someone was calling for help and he sounded like he's dying. (y/n) ran to the voice and saw a man, which is an obvious enemy looking from his clothes, trying to get some help. Without thinking twice, (y/n) went to enemy and helped him. (y/n) gave him some water before taking out a bandage from her pouch.

The enemy suddenly saw (y/n)'s ninja gear and took his kunai out. He jumped on his feet and he raised his kunai very high, ready to stab the little girl who was helping him just now. "Die!" He let out a battle cry.

(y/n)'s eyes widened then, she quickly shut them. Waiting for the impact to hit her.

Suddenly a small boy who seems like the same as (y/n)'s age leaped over and kill the enemy with only one blow with his kunai. He looks so calm after making the kill.

"Are you okay?" Asked the boy. (y/n) just stared at him and gave him a nod as a sign that she's alright. The boy gave her a charming smile before continue to run across the battle ground.

(y/n) still staring at him and she saw one of elite crest from Konoha behind the boy's back. "Uchiha, so he's a comrade". (y/n) then change her gaze  and keep her eyes locked in front of her, looking at the new freshly corpse in front of her, killed by the small boy just now. Her face had a little bit of blood stain but she didn't seem to care about that.

Suddenly, (y/n) felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around and smiled.

"Oto-sama, you're okay", said (y/n) and hugged her father tightly. "Where's oka-sama?" Asked (y/n). Her father replied, "She's at the medical tent, treating the wounded shinobi". He looks so confused to see his daughter out of sudden and not to mention in the middle of the battlefield too.

The sun is now rising means the night was over and a new day finally came to greet the world. (y/n)'s father took her hand in his and took her with him to the medical tent. As they're walking, (y/n) asked her father, "Why did the war happened, oto-sama?" Her eyes were running around the battle ground to scan the whole scene in front of her to keep it as a piece of her memory in her mind.

"The war is waged because of love. When the man knew the true meaning of love, it means that he's willing to carry the hate too. That's why the war were waged. To protect the loves one". Her father answered as he pat her head. He just said that fact eventhough he knows that the little girl won't understand a word of his phrase just now.

It's true, (y/n) didn't really understand the meaning of that phrase but she just kept silence to think about the deep meaning of that words. Then, a huge conclusion popped out of her brain.

"To protect the loved one, we must kill. So that's how the world works", she thought in her head.

She still look around at the huge bloody mess surrounding her silently until she reached the medical tent with her father. She saw her mother and she finally smile in relief.

"Akane." Her father called.

The beautiful looking woman turned around after she heard her name was called. "Yes, Yuji-kun. What is it-" The woman gasped at what she saw. "(y/n)! What are you doing here, honey?" She quickly held her daughter's small hands in her's.

"Hehe... I-I... I want to bring Oto-sama and Oka-sama back... T-That's all... P-Please don't be mad..." The small girl said while looking at the floor. She felt so scared to meet with her parents eyes, they must be so mad right now.

"Where's Mitsuki, (y/n)?" Her father asked.

"A-At home..."

"I see... Thank you for coming here to pick us, honey..." Her mother hugged her while brushing her hair gently. Akane also make a sign at her husband to stop scaring their daughter.

Yuji let out a long sighed before leaving (y/n) on her mother's hand. "Hn. She's quite something... My guts keep saying that she will be a great inheritor for my blood..." Yuji smirked when he realised that her 4 years old daughter just came here to the battlefield only to find him with his wife. That's not what a normal child will do for sure. "I can't wait to see how you develop your skills, (y/n)..."

"Yuji."

Yuji came back to the world after wondering for quite a long time within his own thoughts after the familiar voice call his name out loud. He looks up to meet with his comrade's eyes. "Fugaku, what is it?" Then, his eyes drifted to small boy beside Fugaku. "Is he... Your son?"

"Yes, this my son, Itachi... That girl, is that your daughter?" Fugaku asked while eyeing the small girl who was standing beside her mother while looking at the medical team doing their job.

"Yes. She's my second child after her twin brother... Maybe, our children are at the same age..."

"Hn. Maybe." Fugaku showed the Uchiha's signature smirk at Yuji while his eyes still on that little girl. "Izumi..."